The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

What an episode. It’s just so lucky that we’re getting it all in real time. Lisa Rinna being so tone deaf is just amazing, she always picks the wrong horse to back or go against. Her hatred towards Garcelle is unparalleled.

Sutton is giving it all, the looks are spectacular and I love how she just learned about LLCs from her divorce and is now repeating it to everyone.

DEAD at Garcelle sharing some of her favourite "fashions" of the season so far :D / :disco:
That space pirate look is iconic for all the wrong reasons

and yes, Dorit at the dinner table this week was YIKES!
I think she'll be kept around in case her and PK's empire CRUMBLES and the ensuing drama it will cause, but likely demoted to Friend Of/Guest next season if that doesn't happen yet.

What would we DO without Sutton and Garcelle :D
IMAGINE the likes of Teddi trying to tackle the Erika case in the way they have. They are totally pushing the show and narrative forward each week, with support from (shockingly) Kyle.

"I DON'T KNOW HER" was instantly iconic :D

I don't know her.

It's actually killing me that Kathy Hilton has been avoiding this show all this time.

Isn't she friends with Lisa Vanderpump? It would have been quite amusing to see who she sided with in each of the Kyle vs LVP situations down through the years. :eyes:

The absolute apex of this, for me, was when Lisa Rinna spent all of season five talking shit about Kim’s addiction, so Kim waited until the women were at dinner in Amsterdam to rain unholy fucking terror upon her. Kim nuked the entire table so hard that the scene ended with all the other Housewives huddled crying on an anonymous Dutch stoop.

:D :D :D

No now I do disagree there, and I am yet to read an argument that convinces me Kyle is a villain. I think she is often guilty of trying to please everybody at the same time (with a slight martyr complex), but ultimately she has a mischievous streak and a great sense of humour. I think it’s hard to comment on her relationship with Kim as there is so much history prior to the show, and I think it is always going to be lose-lose for Kyle however she tries to help her sister.

No now I do disagree there, and I am yet to read an argument that convinces me Kyle is a villain. I think she is often guilty of trying to please everybody at the same time (with a slight martyr complex), but ultimately she has a mischievous streak and a great sense of humour. I think it’s hard to comment on her relationship with Kim as there is so much history prior to the show, and I think it is always going to be lose-lose for Kyle however she tries to help her sister.

This. I think she’s generally a good time person and not the conniving monster that the LVP stand like to paint (yes she’s a mean girl but so is Kim). She’s an anxious person and probably has a lot of ptsd from growing with Kim and her addiction.

I love this! Just jumping in to say that when @Suomi and I move house one day, I’m planning a game night room with portraits of Kyle Richards on every wall because she is easily my favourite complex protagonist of all time. She’s very empathetic, comedic, and grounded for a housewife, but also quite self-obsessed and always cries before the person she is empathising with starts crying. She’s not above instigating a mess or letting her chaotic evil streak out at game night or in limos, when generally I think she’s a true neutral who does the wrong things by others (including Kim) due to a misguided need for harmony and what feels fair to her.

Where is @Suedey? @Suedey would have my back like a REAL sister.

731C5700-4F88-4E37-8E49-95FDCEE96CE8.jpeg

I love this! Just jumping in to say that when @Suomi and I move house one day, I’m planning a game night room with portraits of Kyle Richards on every wall because she is easily my favourite complex protagonist of all time. She’s very empathetic, comedic, and grounded for a housewife, but also quite self-obsessed and always cries before the person she is empathising with starts crying. She’s not above instigating a mess or letting her chaotic evil streak out at game night or in limos, when generally I think she’s a true neutral who does the wrong things by others (including Kim) due to a misguided need for harmony and what feels fair to her.
GRIy.gif

Never forget. #Justice4Kim

I think now would be a good time to assess this series too, as I have recently finished season 5. This is the only US season I’ve watched so far and I think it would be really difficult to beat. It’s everything.

Current cast (as of S5):

Kyle - the key player. Found her very likeable in the beginning but as each season passes I am seeing her relishing in other people’s dramas and playing the victim. I think I’d enjoy having her as a fag hag and I’d love to fuck her husband.

Kim - oh Kim. Definitely a lot going on mentally but sometimes her behaviour is horrid and delusional. Her and Kyle should just stop trying to be sisters. I became quite endeared to her in seasons 3 and 4 but it came crashing back down in season 5 after she was ensnared by…

Brandi - what a foul, trashy bitch of a girl. At the same time, a fantastic television villain. Classic case of pure nastiness being dressed up as “honesty” and the others often enable her. She’s a monster. Team LeAnn!

Lisa V - obviously an icon but at the same time she rubs me up the wrong way and I was disappointed when she became thick as thieves with Brandi. So I was much more a fan in season 5 when they fell out. Her obsession with the “sex monster” is plain weird though.

Yolanda - aside from the hints of racism, homophobia, xenophobia and general snobbery she seemed relatively likeable in season 5, but maybe that was just in comparison to the other women.

Lisa R - early days but for the Amsterdam meal scenes alone she deserves a lot of credit. I’ve heard she becomes a hate figure but I enjoyed her so far.

Eileen - making up the numbers here but I kind of like her and felt she handled herself well against Brandi on the whole. Kim calling her “beast” is the highlight.

Old cast:

Taylor was excellent value for money. Camille got boring when she got nice. Adrienne I didn’t mind. Carlton was an utter arsehole. Joyce was pretty.

Last night I heard yelling in the lounge room and thought my bf was fighting with someone on the phone but he was just shouting at the latest episode of this on the TV
I have this with @Iguana and New York all the time (not as much now Bethenney's departed) :( we call it the "Women yelling in background" noise.

gina-liano-women-yelling-in-background.gif

I have this with @Iguana and New York all the time (not as much now Bethenney's departed) :( we call it the "Women yelling in background" noise.

gina-liano-women-yelling-in-background.gif

This particular incident was my bf himself yelling at the TV screen :D I think he was upset with Lisa Rinna

But yes the women yelling is a constant presence in our home too, I have to ask him not to watch while I'm in a zoom class or else my classmates will think I live with a particularly aggressive and insane bunch of housemates

Last night I heard yelling in the lounge room and thought my bf was fighting with someone on the phone but he was just shouting at the latest episode of this on the TV
Yeah I tend to fall asleep watching it and the fighting/shouting noise is like a lullaby to me but the BF then turns the telly off and then I have to haul my AZZ to bed :(

T*ddi getting her flop two cents in at the dinner table to basically confirm if SHE was still holding a diamond and not Sutton, this season would have been handled very differently :D

“We have to believe her” :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom