The Saturdays - Greatest Hits Megamix

SEAN PAUL AND THE SATURDAYS

• Total voters
Oh I kind of like Sean Paul (especially Breathe and Temperature) but not for these purposes

I loved how this is just 7 minutes of unapologetic uninterrupted joy.

Take the GA megamix, which takes a long minute to get going and then despite the parts being so damn glorious it's never quite a glorious coherent mass.

Not greater than the sum of its parts, because the sum of its parts consists of some of the greatest pop songs of the 20th century, but I do love the Louise Greatest Hits megamix.

For some reason (licensing?) it's never been split out into its own video on YouTube, but of course the incredible Swedish music megamix from Eurovision 2016 must be the peak of this genre.

(I've timestamped it)

I've always been partial to this fanmade Kylie K25 megamix, complete with incredible video:

It's just HIT AFTER HIT!

I love that they rebranded megamixes as mashups but THEY WILL ALWAYS BE MEGAMIXES to me.

Loves, it’s never winter when it’s DONNA SUMMER ALL YEAR LONG :disco:

Not greater than the sum of its parts, because the sum of its parts consists of some of the greatest pop songs of the 20th century, but I do love the Louise Greatest Hits megamix.

Oh sorry, but FUCK OFF VoR

I'm a sucker for Megamixes, always been and always will, especially when the artists' back catalogue is tight,

YES, the Saturdays one is out of this world, left me feeling positively homosexual; glad they kept Just can't get enough down to a minimum.

I Was elated a couple of weeks ago when they added the A-Teens one, SWEET JESUS how can you go wrong with that?? I wish the Madonna and the Janet one were available on Spotify :(

That playlist includes a Janet Jackson one. Dunno if it's available in Mexico @Pipo

It doesn't :( However I have to check with POP! too, we've noticed Spotify Latin America might fall under the same umbrella he's in.

OH but I do have the Vengaboys ONE :disco:

The Girls Aloud one on the other hand, is all greyed out. This is homophobia at its best in 2021.

Teh Satz TOP 10

1. What About Us
2. Up
3. All Fired Up
4. Missing You (the "rave"-y middle 8 is the ultimate tease)
5. 30 Days (2:29 :disco: )
6. Higher
7. Not Giving Up On Love
8. Notorious
9. If This Is Love
10. Ego
(11. One Shot (Remix))

Seriously, all of these are 9/10 minimum. Also, they picked their singles very, very well. Forever Is Over / Gentleman aside, obviously. All Fired Up is their "Biology", if anything.

The recent streaming reissues of all the Satz singles (all the mixes, all the b-sides + a random unreleased mix here and there) is up there with the MC30 EPs as a blueprint for what every artist with a pre-streaming singles catalogue should be doing

What a still :D

b94354b2761cc482b5917b0274312e4a.jpg

this one along with the A-Teens one and the Britney Megamix have helped me go through 2021 so far, fabulous.

we demand MORE Megamixes, please! Can you imagine Dua Lipa dropping one upon us? My body would not be ready. Kylie is long overdue an update, as well as Gaga.
I would mention Madonna too, but then she would find a way to sneak Candy Shop somewhere in it.

(btw I'm talking Spotify/Official stuff, none of these Youtube fanmade ones)

I put this on quite regularly still and it reminds me of how many bops they actually had despite being seen as the NAFF GA

This mix is a mess. But fuck me, when Naked kicked in, I screamed. That song will give any gay who was 10 years old in 96 their life for eternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom