The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting. I think I’d find it impossible to sleep but I can see why someone would like it

I think I'd like it if a) the headset was OLED and it was a dark world (so that you don't constantly have fairly bright light shining in your eyes) and b) the headset and strap were less bulky so you can sleep without it pushing at your jaw or whatever.
The ability to adjust volume and go somewhere relaxing and curl up with one of your "pack" so to speak, is quite nice- but practically speaking right now I find it massively uncomfortable and not a good nights sleep at all!

Reactions: RJN
I think I'd like it if a) the headset was OLED and it was a dark world (so that you don't constantly have fairly bright light shining in your eyes) and b) the headset and strap were less bulky so you can sleep without it pushing at your jaw or whatever.
The ability to adjust volume and go somewhere relaxing and curl up with one of your "pack" so to speak, is quite nice- but practically speaking right now I find it massively uncomfortable and not a good nights sleep at all!
Could you keep the headset next to you while you sleep so it picks up your breathing and it looks like you're in the world? Or would it be too obvious that you're completely still and therefore don't have the headset on?

Could you keep the headset next to you while you sleep so it picks up your breathing and it looks like you're in the world? Or would it be too obvious that you're completely still and therefore don't have the headset on?
Partly you'd be completely still, the mic drops off a surprising amount with distance and also there are various idle timeouts involved where you'd tend to end up disconnected. It'd possibly be doable with some tweaking

Had my third Moderna today, the clinic was a small one near my house I hadn’t used before which was quite chaotic, a queue of nearly a hundred people (all with appointments) but there were only 5 vaccinators in the building who were getting through people at rapid speed (I was in and out in under 2 mins once I finally got there)

I realise it's the height of paranoia but I've been semi-isolating for the last week ahead of Christmas, and am in two minds about going out to get my booster tomorrow, catching it there, and having to spend Christmas alone.

I realise it's the height of paranoia but I've been semi-isolating for the last week ahead of Christmas, and am in two minds about going out to get my booster tomorrow, catching it there, and having to spend Christmas alone.

I think I've read they've removed the 15min waiting time after the jab? If that's the case you'll be in and out within minutes from my experience. As long as you've a well fitting mask and keep a distance, I'd imagine the risk is very low.

Reactions: D5K
A friend just cancelled a night out due to covid concerns (they're also negative). Perhaps raise this concern before I buy us tickets.

I'm going to face the general public tomorrow to blitz some last minute shopping - oh to decide what to buy a 92 year old. We totally need a gift ideas thread:)

I think I've read they've removed the 15min waiting time after the jab? If that's the case you'll be in and out within minutes from my experience. As long as you've a well fitting mask and keep a distance, I'd imagine the risk is very low.
I ended up waiting 40 mins inside at the massive centre Westfield (despite having a booking). I’d rather have queued outside. I’ll pick a small venue next time if I ever have to do it again.

Got a text saying it was possible to reschedule and suddenly appointments were available on Christmas Eve, so I'm now set for then. I'll be honest, I'd put off doing it, but suddenly started to get very worried and I will not be relieved until I've been jagged little pilled and get my first post boost test results saying negative.

I have added a FOURTH DOSE option!

It's funny to think how these vaccines were our big hope a year ago and now we're pretty apathetic about them. I'm still super grateful that they exist - but they do feel more like a way to be allowed to go on holiday than an actual lifesaver these days, even though they must still be saving lives!

In the UK a 4th jab is being rolled out - not precisely sure who to because there’s so little about COVID in the news these days.
Everyone 50+ here has been approved, as well as people with “certain health conditions”. I’ll get mine if it’s approved for everyone, but I’m glad the 50+ was included because my parents got it this week

In the UK a 4th jab is being rolled out - not precisely sure who to because there’s so little about COVID in the news these days.

Seems to be over 75 and those really at risk from what I've seen.
I imagine @lolly will be called soon for his.

I wonder if we will all get one eventually or if the idea is to just keep it within that criteria.

I reckon we'll all get one eventually. I think it's the only way to keep people out of hospital with the continual new variants.

I've not heard anything at all through work. My third dose was based on my age and I booked it via the website, unlike the first two. I'm assuming the next will be the same.

I've not heard anything at all through work. My third dose was based on my age and I booked it via the website, unlike the first two. I'm assuming the next will be the same.

But being a disabled homosexual surely gets you into the severely clinically vulnerable category?

I've got quite a few friends and colleagues who never bothered with the third.

I think I'll just keep getting them as many times as is recommended... Even if each one only helps a little, I don't really see why not too. I think I'd rather get one every week than ever have to social distance/be in lockdown again

I think I'll just keep getting them as many times as is recommended... Even if each one only helps a little, I don't really see why not too. I think I'd rather get one every week than ever have to social distance/be in lockdown again

Yeah me too. Although I won't rush to get them, I think I will get them

Reactions: RJN
One thing I can't remember from last year... is a "booster" exactly the same as a third jab but with a different name? Or is it something different like a smaller dose?

I think I'd probably get jab^4 for sole purpose of keeping in the international travel good books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom