Tokyo 2020 - Closing Ceremony (Sun 16th August)

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Might as well get this rolling, I believe it’s starting in about 45 minutes.

DON’T FUCK IT UP AGAIN JAPAN

They have been rather lucky with the weather (apart from par-boiling the Nordics), Typhoon 10 just scooted off into the pacific, and typhoon… erm 9 isn’t due for a few days

Oh I guess Arashi aren’t reforming then, two of them are doing commentary in the studio again, sadness is their eyes.

they’re going over the highlights for Japan now, weirdly starting with the king of gymnastics Uchimura immediately pancaking on day 1. Very hairy pits :o

Ooh have to remember to Google Seto the swimmer, I think he was on my radar already

edit: oh he was the one who had an AFFAIR!

At least you’ll have a shot of winning POTW :disco:

Is this happening for you too, the highlights and bloopers?

bit harsh to include all the people fucking up

So what worked last time… well obviously we have to keep the slow-moving flag carrying bits

Maybe I should have just waited for the highlights.

Omg it's their version of Chris Whitty.

Next flag pls.

With French being the first recognised language of the IOC I wonder how much of the Paris Olympics they'll get away with no translation.

I mean so that seriously the first kimono we have seen?!
Actually not even sure if that’s a kimono at all

Ooh actually Koike, governor of Tokyo, is wearing a rather fetching blue one

I thought the waving people were wearing T-shirts that looked like glamorous bikinis, but they’re people holding hands

Not really much of an athlete's flag parade when most of the flags seem to be carried by games volunteers

This is like waiting for the rest of the class to catch up when you walk somewhere, but the line keeps getting broken up by traffic lights

do they normally do that?
I remember them all being in the audience in the middle but I guess they won’t do that?

I think it's a one off. Some of the countries probably don't have anyone left in Tokyo as they were required to go home after their event.

Boris wasn't at the closing ceremony in London, he was in Beijing though with the infamous flag bumbling.

Prince Harry represented the Queen in 2012.

I’m intrigued by the podium in the middle, it looks like it’s not actually there, or is that just the lighting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom