Tokyo 2020 - Day 11 (Tue 3rd August)

ABOUT TIME TOO

I wish she’d not got boxed though, she might have been even quicker!

Two of the WR attempts from Duplantis were pretty close there.

Shame Kendricks wasn't there as he could have challenged for the silver.

Watching all sorts tonight, caught a bit of the wrestling :horny:
Then something else I already forgot, now it’s the sports climbing.

you’d think they’d be quite good at it considering it’s the Olympics, but loads of them are falling off, and lots of them look like pricks

I can’t even begin to deal with Adam Gemili. It’s so sad. I do wonder what shape he was really in though- he’s been rubbish all season, though he does usually come good at the champs.

Karsten was crazy. Such a good race- the way he responded every time Benjamin made a move. Fantastic competitor. Just as the race kicked off, I thought “imagine if he runs 45.” and then laughed it off. Insane.

Looking forward to tonight- we must have a medal chance in the women’s 800. If we don’t get anything, I am seriously worried we’re not going to get anything at all. I’m hoping something crazy happens and we somehow sneak a gold, but that seems unlikely as I think Athing Mu has it sewn up.

I also think Flo Jo’s 200m record is under threat- Elaine Thompson’s 21.66 was jogging yesterday. I also think she’s taken a bucketload of drugs during lockdown and here we are…

What makes you think that re: Elaine? Your comment did bring me back down to earth a little bit - testing must have been shoddy over the last year or more. And given the problems Athletics has always had, it's hard not to feel disenchanted with the whole thing.

What makes you think that re: Elaine? Your comment did bring me back down to earth a little bit - testing must have been shoddy over the last year or more. And given the problems Athletics has always had, it's hard not to feel disenchanted with the whole thing.
Elaine came out of nowhere in 2015, improving by half a second at 100m and over a second at 200m and then won two Olympic golds aged 25. Once she was then on the WADA testers’ radar, she hasn’t actually been very good…until suddenly this year, as I said, a year after a gap in international testing.

I also think the Jamaicans in general have a bit of a drugs problem. But that’s pure speculation, I grant you.

How much of Elaine’s poor form was down to the recurring achilles injury over the last couple of years? Unless that has been fabricated. :eyes:

How much of Elaine’s poor form was down to the recurring achilles injury over the last couple of years? Unless that has been fabricated. :eyes:

Who knows. But she was somehow always pretty good early season and then had problems later in the year at the champs. There was something KINDA ODD about the whole achilles thing I couldn't quite put my finger on.

The other thing I noted is after the 100m how NO ONE went to congratulate her apart from the other Jamaicans who gave her a very frosty "well done" and that was it. Other athletes kinda KNOW and that spoke volumes to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom