Tokyo 2020 - Day 12 (Wed 4th August)

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
I guess we’d better have a thread. The women’s 10km open water swim is underway.

Eurosport completely failing to make it interesting.

And shortly coming up, someone old enough to have been my child if I'd fathered one in my mid twenties.

Sky Brown wins bronze and is the youngest ever medal winner. :disco:

Katarina Johnson-Thompson doing well too in the Heptathlon.

Solid start from KJT but a long way to go. Thiam doesn't look to be in spectacular form, but we all know she can pull it out of the bag when it matters, so that isn't over. Also, the BBC have turned it into a two-horse race, but there's other athletes who really could feature- Erica Bougard is already doing well and my money outside the big two is on Anouk Vetter. Literally- chucked a fiver on her at 50/1 a week or so ago.

My internet went down (apparently it was a nationwide Sky issue) so I went to bed and just caught up now. Having a half decent night's sleep in a bed is a LUXURY I'd ENTIRELY forgotten :D

And one of the GB cyclists has been relegated in the keirin for nearly hitting an opponent. After their response to yesterday’s Danish bellend, presumably the problem is that she didn’t finish the job.

Why are all the skateboarders so young?! Does it only take a few years to be the best in the world?

Will Madsen be competing in the madison, and will Madison continue to hate Madsen if he competes in the madison?

What a women’s 400 metres hurdles!

Pity Thiam and KTJ are never fully fit at the same time.

The Slovenian climber just did a perfect run on the bouldering. 4/4 on the first attempt each time.

Last edited:
KJT out of the heptathlon. :(
I was surprised to see her there to be honest. I don’t have the level of care she has access to but having had a problem with an Achilles and calf a couple of seasons ago myself I was amazed she would be at competition level only 8 months after actually rupturing hers. Very disappointing for her but credit to her for trying.

Last edited:
Great for Jodie Williams to get through to the 400m final.

And a new PB under 50 seconds!

As predicted! And I've been moaning for YEARS about her moving to 400, so glad she's finally done it. I don't think she was flat out either, though her post-race interview suggested otherwise.

Still, KJT *cries*

I'm on a delay, but going through my backlog and on the men's 1500m. So many of them are falling. I assume this is not uncommon, but I've never noticed it as much. Seems really unfair for them. Amazing legs on the Pole than went down.

I miss having a decent British decathlete.

Here's hoping for a Daley Thompson or even Dean Macey resurgence for 2024.

Here comes Shauna in the climbing, let's she if she can make it to the final...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom