Tokyo 2020 - Day 15 (Sat 7th August)

Another early start.

This time for the women's marathon which started 10 minutes ago. They're running at 6.00 am in 26 degrees heat.

The ideal scenario is Daley wins gold, retires as double champion, and then replaces Leon Taylor as commentator forever more.

Daley just needs to make a clean final dive for a bronze.

He needs one of the Chinese to mess up completely to get anything more.

Good for Daley. If he retires now it would be on a total high rather than wait until Paris, or Birmingham next year for the Commonwealth games.

A few more cycling and possibly a men's pentathlon medal also likely today, should pretty much guarantee 4th on the medal table.

A few more cycling and possibly a men's pentathlon medal also likely today, should pretty much guarantee 4th on the medal table.
I’m not sure that’s right. Russia are in Handball and Beach Volleyball finals, plus there are still synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastic events where they have a chance at gold. We might need as many as three or four more golds to secure fourth.

:D at the interview just there with whichever one it was. A “fucking” followed by a “flipping” with an apology followed by an “I don’t know what I’m fucking saying” :D

I’m not sure that’s right. Russia are in Handball and Beach Volleyball finals, plus there are still synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastic events where they have a chance at gold. We might need as many as three or four more golds to secure fourth.

I reckon we'll get pentathlon and the boxing tomorrow. Other than that, not sure there's much else to come.

HORSE-GATE is still the topic du jour in Deutschland. :disco:

Modern Pentathlon with the big "scandal" of the games, who'd have thunk it!

Presumably, when the BBC pundits are asked if someone is the best ever, the lawyers won’t let them respond ‘clearly doped’.

Britain get bronze in the Men’s 1500m.

Do Team GB have 5 more Golds in them? That would leave us 3rd if Japan got no more.

What the fuck was Daly wittering on about with "gourmet dogs dinner"?

Assuming we have no chance in the 400m, we’d have to win the omnium, keirin and the last boxing gold. The last seems likely, but I doubt we would get both cycling ones.

EDIT: Then again, Laura Kenny was dominant in the @Madison and anything can happen in the keirin and we have two riders.

Last edited:
I mean frankly it'd be a bit RUDE of us to overtake Japan :D

Still think we should if we can though :disco:

Love a confusing subtitle.

20210807_132147.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom