Travis - '12 Memories'

Love will come through, it's just waiting for you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Suedehead

I Will Survive
It killed their career but I woke up this morning and chose it. I think it's a good album. But then I love most of their stuff.
I liked the artwork too.

12memories-720x480.jpg

Last edited:
I got this for Christmas when I was 11!

I remember hiding it because the fourth track is called Peace the Fuck Out.

I liked the album though. It doesn't have the stand outs of the first two but it's a lovely ride. I like some of their later stuff too. Their cover of The Weight is gorg.

Going with "Re-offender" as the opening single was a brave gambit that didn't come off. It's a good song and powerful with it but it's not a 'radio friendly' comeback single. The video, which you've likely seen, shows the band cast in the mode of the song, smiling on stage but arguing, angry and violent towards each other when no-one is watching, showing them bruised and injured. It's a remarkable piece and very well acted by the group but it wasn't going to get the mainstream play they needed. In the meantime, Coldplay had swept in, taken their sound and made it anthemic.

The campaign was botched - releasing The Beautiful Occupation in the Christmas week was silly and left it to Love Will Come Through to rescue the album which it couldn't.

I maintain that The Invisible Band was their masterpiece and maybe one day it will get its flowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom