We Girls Gonna Run This Show - monsta's Girls Aloud/ Sarah Harding tribute playlist - TONIGHT 8pm

I had to pop away but concur that Call The Shots is the apex if we are looking for one. It felt like the perfection and maturity of the GA sound.

Disappointed I missed this. However I’m always somewhat confused by the universal love in Call the Shots always gets. It’s a very good song but wouldn’t make my GA top 20, let alone do I think it’s their best song. Control of the Knife and Black Jacks are better from Tangled Up alone.

Call the Shots is one of the greatest songs of all time. No hyperbole, just FACTS.
And I'm sure someone has probably mentioned it here, but Nicola's middle eight is a defining moment in pop music. It's just achingly beautiful.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

BEAUTIFUL (if you ignore the tossed loo rolls).

:D It’s a shame that Kimberley was never one to wipe but at least caring fans brought the helpful goods to throw at her :disco:

Don’t! You’ll have that serial scatalogical gif poster in here and we don’t want her fouling this lovely thread with her offensive cow pats.

Don’t! You’ll have that serial scatalogical gif poster in here and we don’t want her fouling this lovely thread with her offensive cow pats.
Poor Martha can’t help being dirty. She’s had a TERRIBLE LIFE!

I Was swamped with meetings yesterday and had to dip out immediately, but I managed to finally give it a go while at the gym. Thank you guys, although a handful of tracks are greyed out (mainly remixes and Sarah's solo stuff) it's a great playlist that encompasses how great GA were 🥰

Loved reading all these posts ans going through the thread :disco:

I think for me, Call the Shots was their best moment, it was 'Biology' that really struck with me and is my fave moment. This thread brought back so many memories. Rolling back the Rivers and Miss You Bow Wow are my two non single faves EVER

Out of Control is probably up there in my top 5 pop ALBAMS ever.

it was 'Biology' that really struck with me and is my fave moment
A lot of people say Biology is their best song and not without reason. Whilst The Loving Kind is my favourite song, Biology was definitely the moment where I thought "wow" and realised just how good they were. It's a fabulous song, completely unlike anything they had done before and indeed anything in the charts. The video is also great and the choreography somewhat iconic.

Biology made everyone realise GA were only getting better and better and from then until the end they were firing on all cylinders.

A lot of people say Biology is their best song and not without reason. Whilst The Loving Kind is my favourite song, Biology was definitely the moment where I thought "wow" and realised just how good they were. It's a fabulous song, completely unlike anything they had done before and indeed anything in the charts. The video is also great and the choreography somewhat iconic.

Biology made everyone realise GA were only getting better and better and from then until the end they were firing on all cylinders.

Yes, that was it, whilst I adore Call the Shots and this was when they were really cementing their legacy, with the X Factor Perf and also the production and feeling of the song, Biology for me embodies everything they did, it had about 7 songs in one, and just a little disorganised chaotic magic which I think they were all about.

The Loving Kind is up there for me too - but that somehow felt a 'cool/effortless' track with PSB on board, up there in their top 5 for me. With Biology you could tell they were still 'Love Machine' trying hard but it had so much more charm. I love Cheryl in the Biology video.

Oh Let You is a WONDER

Though I'm surprised it was recorded and released at ALL! I'd have thought she'd get shot of the day job the first chance she could get after Love Made Me Do It
Let You has become of my favorite of her songs. Should have been a hit

Its ironic that one of the ONLY good Cherly songs (she has THREE!) was a massive flop!

Lets be fair here. Let You was a flop cos Chery's star had diminished and there was no radio/promo from herself. Let you is a great track - which is what you were saying

Also, 'I don't care' has to be in there with the CHEZZA good songs. Cheryl has way more than 3 good songs :disco:

Last edited:
This rather frustratingly appears not to be on Spotify but is one of my favourite GA remixes, just in case anyone is in the mood for any more :disco: with a significant splash of :(

Also features some amusingly unflattering and badly styled photos :disco:

Also THIS GA-related mix which I never fail to find very exciting indeed :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom