Wednesday Has a Man In

He installed my dishwasher and called me buddy :horny:

Though he also came at 7am which is TOO EARLY
Lovely.

The house across from me is currently undergoing extensive alterations and drastic refurbishments. There’s scaffolders EVERYWHERE…

I hate being called buddy, or even worse, BUD. It feels so condescending

He installed my dishwasher and called me buddy :horny:

Though he also came at 7am which is TOO EARLY
That's as may be but at least you were called buddy and not given a filthy look as was the case with my table and chairs delivery person yesterday. Yes I AM on the second floor but yes there IS a lift! :oi:

I actually do say buddy (or buddEH) quite a fair bit. In fact, I rarely actually use anyone’s name; everyone to me is mate, buddy, pal, lad or love.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Buddy, boss and mate (or any other chummy niceties - including chum, as long as I'm not being chopped up for it :disco:) are all fine with me. "Sir" is a bit weird though. I had that from a cab driver a while ago

I do however hate being called "dear", especially by men. I've TOLD the ABBA loon how much I hate it and on it goes...

BLOCK TIME :disco:

Buddy, boss and mate (or any other chummy niceties - including chum, as long as I'm not being chopped up for it :disco:) are all fine with me. "Sir" is a bit weird though. I had that from a cab driver a while ago
I prefer ‘chief’ to sir. That and ‘youth’ are terms I used a lot when I was younger but I’ve dropped them both now, since literally nobody outside of a small enclave in North Warwickshire calls people ‘youth’.

I say mate all the time because I’m such a LAD.
I use it because I can’t be arsed learning names.
If I’m faced with “I’d like to introduce our new starter from the Rhyl office, his name’s Gwyneffandrithel” The only logical solution is to greet him forevermore with “Alright mate?”

• Love
I'm fine with dear, or bro, or dude (or mate, but nobody says that here), but chief is another one I don't think I'd like. Sorry I hate everything you say @ButterTart

I once attended a work training session run by a former police officer who mentioned in passing that he assumes that anyone who calls him ‘boss’ has spent time in prison. I’ll leave it up to you whether that makes it better or worse.

I’m fine with sir in a fancy restaurant, but when I got it at my local coffee shop by the YOUNG BOY I was almost INSULTED.

• Haha
There’s a very beautiful decorator in painting the office downstairs this week. Doesn’t speak, only grunts, and GREY JOGGERS to boot :horny:

I’m fine with sir in a fancy restaurant, but when I got it at my local coffee shop by the YOUNG BOY I was almost INSULTED.
Underage labour in Hackney, eh? I've seen FOUR YEAR OLDS on the tills in ICELAND DARLING :shock:

• Wow
Reactions: COB
There’s a very beautiful decorator in painting the office downstairs this week. Doesn’t speak, only grunts, and GREY JOGGERS to boot :horny:
:disco: Speaking is VERY overrated. There's always the risk of them saying something unpleasant or something you disagree with

GRUNTING FTW :horny:

In Liverpool these days we’ve upgraded (sorry, downgraded) from MATE to LAD

Well I say WE, as a middle aged suburbanite, I don’t PARTAKE

The worst is hearing one of them on the phone. YEAH LAD I KNOW LAD IT’S SHIT LAD I TOLD THEM LAD IVE HAD ENOUGH LAD OK LAD SEEYA LAD

and that’s just when they’re speaking to their MUM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom