Wednesday ignores a boy duck

I stopped by my apartment coming back from vacation and before i return home cause I haven't been here since covid broke out and wanted to check what's wrong with my fridge, cause it couldn't connect to the internet. Found out the fridge was fine, my router was fried, i had a leakage in my kate tits out in the sun balcony and lots of repairs are needed. Now i will be stuck here till i fix everything.

Why does your FRIDGE connect to the internet?
Last time I bought a new fridge, it was when I got back from another vacation to find the old fridge broke down while I was away. And it was packed with food. I cannot describe the smell of rotten and dead when i entered the apartment and how thoroughly I had to wash everything for the smell to go away. And it didn't. But i couldn't get rid of the fridge on my own either the only solution was to buy a new one and ask Dixons to recycle my old one. Which I did, but since I was so scared this could happen again i bought a new one on the basis that you could check if it's working while away. :shy:

Does it have a camera so you can check on your tasty snacks whilst you’re on the beach?!?

Why does your FRIDGE connect to the internet?

Spawn has a (ridiculously expensive) fridge that tells her when she's running out of things inside it and I believe it will order stuff from Amazon too but she doesn't have that part on. I just open the door of my fridge and think "oh I'd better buy a bottle of milk".

images

On one hand, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, but on the other it would be such a BOON if there was some way I could get my phone to speak to my fridge so I can see what's in it when I go food shopping.

I think my fridge currently contains two cans of Red Stripe and a packet of chocolate buttons, don’t really need access to that depressing image on THE GO.

On one hand, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, but on the other it would be such a BOON if there was some way I could get my phone to speak to my fridge so I can see what's in it when I go food shopping.

I'm oldskool, I make a list before I go.

IOT fridge and RFID barcodes will probably happen soon, so you will be able to do that.

I mean they are devloping supermarkets where you just shop and walk out, and the shop ‘senses’ what youve bought and who you are and just charges your card accordingly

Something my parents did growing up that really bothered me (and still does, but I need to get over it) was buying stuff every week, even if we already had it. For instance, my mom will buy a container of eggs every week, even if nobody had eaten eggs? So we’d end up with multiple and it’s so wasteful

last week I went to their house, and they had 6 bags of pita chips

I mean they are devloping supermarkets where you just shop and walk out, and the shop ‘senses’ what youve bought and who you are and just charges your card accordingly
There's already a handful of them in London. Amazon Fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom