Will you be visiting your family at Christmas?

Are you planning to spend Christmas with your parents/family?

• Total voters
We're such a small family. My brother doesn't have any children and we're pretty much estranged from Mr Star's sister. So little Kylie and Dannii have no first cousins which is a bit sad!

Families are terribly complex. I didn’t speak to my little sister for over 5 years after a stupid tiff at a funeral. It is lovely on one hand to come from a big family, but I wouldn’t say we are particularly close to them all. Us living in Scotland and most of the family still reigning in Ireland means we don’t really see a lot of them, especially this year.

I'm laughing at you lot lusting over the idea of an Irish labourer when you're probably thinking it's a Jamie Dornan type when in reality it's more likely to look like Ed Sheeran. Not saying VoR's uncle looks like that of course.

I like Google’s definition

irish-labourer-c-1858_u-l-pw24e50.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has ranked how their uncles are yet

My dad had a gay brother who died in the 80s who I wish I could have met. My mom has two brothers, one who is just ok and one who who is terrible (and a COVID denier)

I actually meant to say how HOT their uncles are yet (based on @VoR's uncle), but the thought of doing my own was too gross so I'm glad I mistyped it

I've three, one who died of motor neuron disease, one who's tight as fuck and the youngest who'd half his heart with you if you needed it.

I have two uncles. One voted for TRUMP and the other one's... well, I actually prefer talking to the one who voted for Trump if push comes to shove and that's saying something.

4. Chanah - American super religious Trump supporter. Only met her once 20 years ago

I have two uncles. One voted for TRUMP and the other one's... well, I actually prefer talking to the one who voted for Trump if push comes to shove and that's saying something.

Are these Trump supporters immigrants to the US? If so, do they not understand the hypocrisy

Families are terribly complex. I didn’t speak to my little sister for over 5 years after a stupid tiff at a funeral. It is lovely on one hand to come from a big family, but I wouldn’t say we are particularly close to them all. Us living in Scotland and most of the family still reigning in Ireland means we don’t really see a lot of them, especially this year.

We've a couple of friends we've made over the past few years and to be honest they're so much better than family!

Indieuncle rate:

1. Alan, a mentally disabled man with an absolute heart of gold.
2. Stephen, my mum's only sibling who died in a motorcycle accident about 30 years ago. I don't have an awful lot of memories of him but he seemed a good man.
3. David, workshy freeloader who's never worked a day in his life. I don't hate him, but I've only met him as an adult once. Seems like the delboy of the North.

I have three uncles, one is a member of the freemasons, one was dropped on his head as a child by his sister and died, one is bisexual and has like 12 degrees from the Open University.

Are these Trump supporters immigrants to the US? If so, do they not understand the hypocrisy

My Trump-voting uncle left Germany for the US when he was 20 (about 60 years ago). His wife was from South America (bless her, she died 15 years ago, she was a delight), one of his grandkids is black.

The irony is not lost on me and it frustrates me to no end. I stayed with one of my cousins for two weeks three years ago (he's the dad of my cousin once removed who's black) and Fox-News was blaring on the TV every night I got back to his place. It was utterly sobering.

We've a couple of friends we've made over the past few years and to be honest they're so much better than family!

After my grandparents died when I was 12 (they lived with us in the same house), that's how I grew up on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We had friends over or we visited friends. Loved it.

Oh the hypocrisy is rife especially with the religion, but she was adopted as a child by American parents, so technically an immigrant but not by choice.

Reactions: RJN
The irony is not lost on me and it frustrates me to no end. I stayed with one of my cousins for two weeks three years ago (he's the dad of my cousin once removed who's black) and Fox-News was blaring on the TV every night I got back to his place. It was utterly sobering.

Gross, and probably upsetting for the kids who are Black

When I worked at a summer camp (In the US), we had British staff members, and one of them was trying to tell the Americans about how great UKIP is :manson: She did not get the irony of it all

I have one who's pretty much a shell of a man having been on antidepressants almost all his life, and then the funny one who is almost certainly a virgin.

Uncles (NOT ORDERED BY HOTNESS)

1. Aforementioned Uncle Sean - I can't speak to his hotness because that is not our vibe, but a genuinely lovely gentle giant of a man who was properly heartbroken when my poor Aunt died and never really got over it. He also once punched a monkey square in the face, which is one of our favourite family stories.

2. Uncle Martin - Became a millionaire on the Liverpool property market in the 90s/00s. A decent sort who is very close with my mum. His ex-wife (who did not make my Aunt rate as none of us ever see or speak to her now) is reportedly FOUL and her entire family have caused him and my parents no end of grief over the decades.

3. Uncle Fred - A very theatrical man who was once a drama teacher and now gives professional eulogies. Despite all this, not a homosexual.

4. Uncle Ken - a nice man in person, but given to sharing some of the most awful little England shite on Facebook of late.

5. Uncle Chris - Very nice, very Liverpool. Massive Football fan, survived the Hillsborough disaster.

6. Uncle Harry - never see him TBH. A quiet man who loves his aquariums.

7. Uncle Roy - Again, don't see much of him. Allegedly a bit of a grouch.

Reactions: Zu
At least give us a little description of Uncle Sean - are we saying Jamie Dornan or Ed Sheeran?

I only know him as a mildly depressed 70 year old with GOUT so it's hard to say, but I'd put him closer to the Dornan column in his youth. He's very tall and not ginger for starters.

That's all you're getting, you bunch of perverts.

Reactions: GNL
Uncles (NOT ORDERED BY HOTNESS)

1. Aforementioned Uncle Sean - I can't speak to his hotness because that is not our vibe, but a genuinely lovely gentle giant of a man who was properly heartbroken when my poor Aunt died and never really got over it. He also once punched a monkey square in the face, which is one of our favourite family stories.

2. Uncle Martin - Became a millionaire on the Liverpool property market in the 90s/00s. A decent sort who is very close with my mum. His ex-wife (who did not make my Aunt rate as none of us ever see or speak to her now) is reportedly FOUL and her entire family have caused him and my parents no end of grief over the decades.

3. Uncle Fred - A very theatrical man who was once a drama teacher and now gives professional eulogies. Despite all this, not a homosexual.

4. Uncle Ken - a nice man in person, but given to sharing some of the most awful little England shite on Facebook of late.

5. Uncle Chris - Very nice, very Liverpool. Massive Football fan, survived the Hillsborough disaster.

6. Uncle Harry - never see him TBH. A quiet man who loves his aquariums.

7. Uncle Roy - Again, don't see much of him. Allegedly a bit of a grouch.

:disco: More detailed relative rates of this ilk please everyone

“What’s your Ken like, Norma?”

“Oh you know. Nice IN PERSON.”

Oh I've got fucking loads of Uncles on both sides. Irish breeding and strong male genes. Will need to put some time aside for a rate of those bastards.

My Auntie Jo famously never DID IT with my Uncle Jon (as revealed to me by Queen Of Boundaries Mama Zu) as his mother died before the wedding and it put him off or some such flannel. He did however have a Sonia cassette and liked to flick through my Gay Times so I think we quite possibly know HER NUMBER

On a theme more (vaguely) related to the thread title, I’ve recently had the joy of a suppressed memory entering consciousness in respect of my mother presenting me with a HUGE (hand-crafted by her) MARZIPAN COCK for Christmas. This was in front of EVERYONE

AND YOU WONDER WHY I AM AS I AM, etc.

I’ll get to the auntie rate in a minute (although I only have the one so I’m including GREAT AUNTS too).

However I agree with those who have said it’s simply LOSE-LOSE for the government regarding these Christmas rules and to be honest I do think that for once they (and the devolved nations, who are towing the same line but not seeming to come in for as much criticism) have got the messaging right on this.

You can see your family, you can mix households, but be extra careful and give strong consideration as to whether it’s something you should be doing at all!

Perfectly logical and a number of families (as we’ve seen in this thread) are making the choice not to take advantage of the relaxation of the rules as they don’t deem it to be worth the risk. Conversely, if the rules are tightened, people will break them anyway and nobody is likely to be changing their Christmas plans now, whether they’re being reckless or “jolly careful.”

Also, I saw Germany and its month-long national Christmas lockdown being brought up about 5 times on Good Morning Britain yesterday as an example of what we SHOULD be doing, with everyone conveniently forgetting that even they are relaxing the rules on households mixing for three days over Christmas.

Anyway I’m currently on Day 6 of my voluntary quarantine (can you tell?). I have gone for a couple of walks in the park (one of which was socially distanced with my mum and sister) and I can go to the shop early in the morning and late and night but that’s it.

All in all it’s been pretty lovely and relaxing though. I’m in a cosy Airbnb which has the added bonus of being near where my parents live so I had frozen meals dropped at the door on the first day.

I've decided not to go home for Christmas. I know it's the right thing to do, what with the state of things in the place I'm meant to be travelling to, and the fact I'd have to get a bunch of trains at a bunch of busy stations, but I feel very sad :(

My aunt and uncle came over yesterday for a meal/gifts, in normal times we'd go for a meal in a pub but it was always the week before Christmas we did that anyway. My other uncle and his partner are still coming over on Christmas Day.

Hi, I've wanted to talk about something that happened in December 2019, shortly before the covid pandemic happened.

Back in December 2019, I went on vacation to Poland from 16th of December until the 25th of December, alone without my family.

I was due to come home on the 23rd of December but whilst in Poland, I ran out of money! So my dad transfered some money into my bank account on the 23rd of December but it took until the 24th of December after midnight to recieve the money in my bank account

So I had to stay in Poland until the 25th of December. I left & travelled home by car ( I travelled from France to Poland & Poland to France by car) in the early hours of the monring of the 25th of December. I reached home in the late afternoon of the 25th of December.

So instead of spending Xmas Eve & Xmas Day with my family around a Xmas tree, I was driving home from Poland to France ( where we live) in the early morning hours of Xmas Day

Anyway, I spent the second half of Xmas day with my family as well as Boxing day. I got a job in January 2020 & worked until March 2020 ( my contract ended due to the covid pandemic)

I remember listening to Satanic/demonic music on repeat everyday between December 2019 & March 2020. Well it's not really "satanic" music but the groups is called "666" ( it's the number of the devil. Some of you may heard of this German techno band).

Anyway I think it's considered satanic music with songs like " D.E.V.I.L", "Diablo" or "I'm your nightmare". How can it not be satanic? Even if it isn't, I think it does bring bad luck. Especially if you listen to this type of music on repeat 24/7!

So this was about the time the covid pandemic started. I'm not a superstitious guy but it is a bit of a coincidence that the covid pandemic started because I wasn't with my family on Xmas Eve & Xmas Day ( which is the most important day as it's the day of the birth of Jesus Christ!)

And the pandemic come to France in March 2020 after I had been listening to 666 on repeat 24/7!

Also some of the symptoms of covid are symptoms I've been having for many years! For example loss of taste & smell. I've had this symptom ( due to nasal polyps in my nose) for several years so it's a bit of a coincidence that this symptom is a main symptom of covid.

Even the nasal sprays I use to treat this problem ( loss of taste & small) are sold out since the pandemic started wheras before the pandemic is was never out of stock.

I don't know what is says in the Bible or if you're superstitious, but you gotta admit the timing to which the pandemic started is a bit of a coincidence

I'm not saying I caused covid & I'm to blame because the virus emerged from a lab in Wuhan in late December 2019 but I think our actions can have consequences!

It's like people who mess around with the paranormal and use Ouija boards when they know they shouldn't. Or people who worship the Devil. All that can cause bad things to happen, don't you agree?

I have a feeling that if I didn't go on vacation to Poland ( especially during Xmas Eve & Xmas Day) & if I didn't listen to demonic music, this pandemic would not have happened

I know you gonna say it's superstitious nonsense but I had to get it off my chest. I'm happy I shared this with you. What are your thoughts? Do you believe in superstitions?

I drank a corona beer on Christmas 2019. Every day after I listened to “rhythm of the night” by corona until March 2020. Not to sound superstitious, but I think I may have caused the pandemic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom