Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Eddie

User
I'm off to see them in November and I'm kind of excited.

Anyone else going?

I'd love to, i saw them at Leeds Festival last year and they were fantastic. But no-one i know likes them...

Last edited:
m-b said:
I'm off to see them in November and I'm kind of excited.

Anyone else going?

Brixton Academy? I'm there too - although I've been dragged by some friends and I haven't heard a single song of theres. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Same date - are you one of those who has copious amount of drinks before or are you well behaved?

They've got a good reputation live so should be a classic.....

*I refuse to acknowledge this shit post*

Last edited:
Burning and Wolf are the two big ones but the whole album is really good (well except the two minute spoken thing at the end).

That's where we danced to ESG :disco:

You have to admire the nerve of coming back after the best part of a decade and saying here have our (nearly) all killer seven and a half track album.

Putting Show Your Bones on, it could well be their best. Way Out is another gem:

Guitars that shimmer like a sakura shower:

It's insane to me that there's barely ever been any discussion of them on Moopy over the years, they've always been amazing (and yes, Turn Into is definitely one of the best songs ever).

I know we're not supposed to say such things, but I have Fancy on and it really does conjure Siouxsie (particularly Not Forgotten).

I know we're not supposed to say such things, but I have Fancy on and it really does conjure Siouxsie (particularly Not Forgotten).

I think comparison as a reference point is fine personally. It’s helped me discover plenty of artists. It’s more of when women are pitted against each other as if only one can be good or as if one is ripping off the other that there becomes an issue.

I think comparison as a reference point is fine personally. It’s helped me discover plenty of artists. It’s more of when women are pitted against each other as if only one can be good or as if one is ripping off the other that there becomes an issue.

Agreed. I can't remember the publication, but apparently they just rolled their eyes when asked about the influence in one interview I read. Although it was probably lazy journalism, I'd personally be beyond excited to talk Sioux with Karen.

Belatedly a couple more Wolf remixes have been released:

The Boy Harsher one is an excellent alternative.

Never been a fan of these but this last album was so good

Reactions: LTZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom