Zara Larsson - Poster Girl (2nd album)

Jark

User
I've never been a Zara Larsson fan (apparently I did start the All The Time thread - weird), but this new one is fucking fantastic.

The structure is a bit WEIRD, her vocals are HEAVENLY and it's so short and addictive you immediately want to start over when it ends. It must be the least basic thing she's ever done. Honestly, total banger.

It's okay but I wouldn't call it a banger.

*cut to me proclaiming Zara the official Queen of Pop for the 2020/2021 saison 3 months later and 'Love me Land' the 17th best pop song of all time*

I don't understand how she went from being pop's next great hope to suddenly being somewhat C-LIST. Ruin My Life wasn't even a flop, and had good radio support! Very strange.

Anyway I'm generally here for light and breezy pop bops from Zara, let's hope she can scam THIS ONE into being a hit :disco:

it's pretty great for a 7th single of such a disastrous campaign :disco: Apparently all 7 will make it onto the album but there's not even a release date??

It's the Swedish pop chanteuse Zara Larsson clad in a sheer bodysuit with a sequined bra and thong, lay backwards, in a position that could be considered either post-coital or pre-bukkake, on a blue velvet piece in a dark room (or perhaps a darkroom), @OutSynk. :disco:

It's the Swedish pop chanteuse Zara Larsson clad in a sheer bodysuit with a sequined bra and thong, lay backwards, in a position that could be considered either post-coital or pre-bukkake, on a blue velvet piece in a dark room (or perhaps a darkroom), @OutSynk. :disco:
I thought it was AVA MAX/LADY GAGA.

I am really fully obsessed with this, surprised it's not getting more love here. It's so DRAMATIC :disco:

lost in YOUR... vocabulary
got our OWN... VERNACULARY :D
TAAAAKE! ME HOME!

I am really fully obsessed with this, surprised it's not getting more love here. It's so DRAMATIC :disco:

lost in YOUR... vocabulary
got our OWN... VERNACULARY :D
TAAAAKE! ME HOME!

it's amazing, her best single in yonks (bar All the Time which was one of the best songs of nineteen).

This is so short, especially considering it doesn't really kick in straight away, but it is still quite a thrill. The song really does bring out the sweet spot in her voice and is her at her most Rihanna-esque.

Some of her singles are not that exciting but this joins Lush Life and All The Time as the cream of her crop.

The length and weird structure really makes this feel more like an interlude or an album opener than a hit single.

Supposedly inspired by Lay All Your Love On Me, according to an article I read.

poor Zara, everything about her reads so good on paper but somehow gets lost in translation :(

While Love Me Land does nothing, her duet with Carola has shot up to #2 in the Swedish charts :disco:

They've annoyingly only put it on Spotify in Sweden, presumably not to confuse her international fans. But here's the Studio version.

Love Me Land is done, WOW is the current single but I don't think it's worth having a new thread for it :(

so the disastrously delayed, hit single-free second album Poster Girl is finally out - skimming through now. new single/push track Need Someone is really cute and the title track is a fun frothy bop

Ruin My Life? That was from about 2017 was it not? :D This feels more like a compilation at this stage rather than an ALBAM. But I will listen as soon as it's not greyed out because I do really like her. :)

She shouldn't have veered away from her original sound but they (and HER also) thought it was a good idea to make her the European answer to Ariana/Rihanna/some other lesser. Ain't My Fault, Make that money girl and So good are some of the most awful, tuneless attempts at whitewashing R&B I've ever subjected myself to.

Glad to see she did recreate them for the second album (See: Talk about love, Ruin my life), oh because that worked so well the first time around.

This doesn't sound anything like the "ABBA on acid" sound she hinted at in 2018(!).

I've always liked her so I'm listening NOW

Zara Top 5

1. All The Time (Why is THIS not on the album)
2. I Would Like
3. Don't Worry Bout Me
4. Lush Life
5. Ain't My Fault

Unfortunately the chorus of Wow sounds like the noises that are meant for only dogs to be able to hear

I think her persistence with Wow wore me down. I like it now.

Poster Girl is a fun little number and I am also into FFF with its iconic story arc.

It’s all washed over me a bit. Love Me Land and Look What You’ve Done though remain fabulous.

Why didn’t they include All The Time though? Yet included a much older track. I know for streaming sales it makes sense to put Ruin My Life there, but it’s not as if there isn’t room for one more.

I think she's not into All the Time! Love Me Land is her HOT FAVE!

Summer Edition of the album out today still without those two singles, but including two new songs and live versions.

Last Summer is pretty bright and breezy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom