Cry 'God for Tuesday, England, and Saint George!'

Have a great day, people of Englandshireland. Remember, St George was Turkish so you'd have put him on a flight to Rwanda.

Remember, you can slay a dragon or you can slay with drag on. Your choice.

Well I've been to the gym (first time in MONTHS AND MONTHS) and done the food shopping and the most exciting news is that BRITISH STRAWBERRIES ARE IN THE SHOPS :disco:

(Literally had a punnet for breakast and feel a bit queasy now, but y'know...)

I do love a summer Cheddar strawberry. But you only get them for a couple of months, if that.

I'll be buying loads and making a strawberry and black pepper shrub when the time comes.

Why am I suddenly being battered by hay fever in my 30s? Has anyone else experienced this?

Iโ€™ve never really suffered from it and all of a sudden my throat and eyes are itchy and my nose is blocked everytime I open the window.

Why am I suddenly being battered by hay fever in my 30s? Has anyone else experienced this?

Iโ€™ve never really suffered from it and all of a sudden my throat and eyes are itchy and my nose is blocked everytime I open the window.
I used to occasionally get it in grass season when I was younger but the last few years it's been trees all the way. It's bad today :gross: (even though the forecast only says MEDIUM)

Yes, I didn't develop it until my 30s.

I must ask those who get hay fever symptoms really badly a question. Does it affect your enjoyment of Summer and make you yearn for other seasons, or do the positives of it being BST outweigh the negatives of feeling unwell throughout the whole Summer?

I used to get it bad when I was younger but providing I pop a cetirizine daily Iโ€™m usually fine.

I get it more in spring than summer. But medication controls it. Certainly it doesn't stop me doing anything. It just allows me to whine about it :)

Because mine's trees only now it's gone by the time the weather gets properly nice. But even if it didn't it wouldn't stop me loving summer :disco:

I fall for this season every time
When it's hot and everybody smiles
I can't help myself
I'm in love with the summertime
Even when I get hay-fever I find
I may sneeze but I don't really mind
As long as I'm in love with the summertime

:disco:

I was never bothered by any of it but over the last couple of years it has been the end of summer/autumn when I seem to get allergies when the trees start shedding their leaves.

I only ask because I know Summer is generally the most enjoyable season in Britain (when you get the weather) and know some people who spend the majority of it like they have a heavy cold due to hay fever.

I developed it later in my life and it's the tree one, so normally around Easter, so not a huge loss. The main issue is that brings my defences down. One year I got quinsy (Google it, legit the worst pain I've ever experienced). This year sinusitis. I still have the remainders of a related ear infection.

Thankfully in summer I'm free to run through fields and lay face down on grass.

In more exciting news I'm working every day this week. Three different jobs, but WHO CARES?

Wall to wall sunshine for the 3rd day in a row here. Not sure if I have woken up in a parallel universe but by GOD it hasnโ€™t half lifted my mood. :disco:

It's like we've somehow transitioned to planet Mars here today. Seen sahara desert dust in the sky before but not as much as this. Everything is in sepia.

1000005780.jpg

Happy St. George's to all ๐Ÿฅณ

Last edited:
We bought a Smeg fridge in 2020 and the guarantee has just expired. Curryโ€™s asked if we wanted to extend via some insurance an scheme and Mr Sheena insisted we did. Literally a fortnight later, a temperature gauge thing has gone meaning we get an error message. As far as we know, everything is working fine but they canโ€™t get a replacement part (Smeg are seemingly shite in this area).

So Curryโ€™s have just given us ยฃ2200 of free money in vouchers to spend instead. For literally one insurance payment of like ยฃ7.99 or something. :D

Now what UTTER SHITE to buyโ€ฆ :disco:

We bought a Smeg fridge in 2020 and the guarantee has just expired. Curryโ€™s asked if we wanted to extend via some insurance an scheme and Mr Sheena insisted we did. Literally a fortnight later, a temperature gauge thing has gone meaning we get an error message. As far as we know, everything is working fine but they canโ€™t get a replacement part (Smeg are seemingly shite in this area).

So Curryโ€™s have just given us ยฃ2200 of free money in vouchers to spend instead. For literally one insurance payment of like ยฃ7.99 or something. :D

Now what UTTER SHITE to buyโ€ฆ :disco:

See my luck would be the insurance running out, and the next fortnight a catastrophic error occurring.

See my luck would be the insurance running out, and the next fortnight a catastrophic error occurring.
This reminds me of when long departed delirium had a washing machine leak all day long whilst at work into the flat below and his house insurance had run out THE DAY BEFORE :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom