2001 UK Official Charts Number One Hits SURVIVOR (Round 1 - Vote to EVICT)

Vote for your choices to EVICT

• Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost A Thing (20th January)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Destiny's Child - Survivor? (28th April)

• S Club 7 - Don't Stop Movin' (5th May)

• Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head (29th September)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MV5BMmNlYzRiNDctZWNhMi00MzI4LThkZTctMTUzMmZkMmFmNThmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

It's time to step into a journey of music, as we look back on the various number ones of quite a year. :disco:

The first phase has begun. 32 hopeful acts/songs have arrived. Not all of them will be able to carry on though, as a couple will find themselves lost in the vacuum of the galaxy of Round 1.

Who gets ejected in the endless space this round, that will be decided by a round of voting to evict. :o

In this first round you are voting to EVICT UP TO 13 SONGS you most want to FLOAT OFF before the next round. Voting will be open for 48 hours, let's go!

Curious to know who came to this poll and decided to NOT vote for Bob the Builder.

Bob the Builder was alright for what it was, a daft children's song about a builder whose psychotic delusions have reached the stage where he believes the inanimate objects with which he completes his day to day work are not only talking to him but are his best friends.

The follow-up "Bob The Builder Fucks A Pigeon Whilst Screaming The Macarena And Is Sectioned" didn;t do so well. So they chucked out a version of Mambo No 5.

Hey Baby was indeed a NADIR for pop music, I honestly think it's one of the worst pieces of music ever put into existence and I love any old shite. Nowadays, unfortunately, is still being played at weddings and tacky tourist trap clubs.

Some shocking rubbish here. Apparently I exceeded the maximum number of evictions, which was VERY easy

Only 13 choices??? I originally had double that.

"Whole Again" might actually be the worst song I've ever heard in my entire life.

Seeing this grisly line up certainly puts paid to any delusional notions of things being better BACK IN THE DAY

Only 13 choices??? I originally had double that.

"Whole Again" might actually be the worst song I've ever heard in my entire life.
I merrily chose nearly ALL of them only to be told off by the nasty pop up

To think the pop scene was so glorious in 1999 and just two years later we had HEARSAY, ATOMIC KITTEN and SHAGGY

Kids who think the noughties were the best decade should be put into conversion therapy. It's for their OWN GOOD

I think I quite like Whole Again or at least I have a memory of doing so. There were a lot of classics from the house of Atomic Kitten. Just adorable :disco:

And UK GARAGE can FUCK OFF AS WELL

Thank God I had house music at this time. And Neo Soul. I might not have COPED.

What a depressing era the ROBBIE WILLIAMS HEYDAY was. Better to have SILENCE

I think I was busy with my self-harming vodka-swilling boyfriend listening to Coil until three in the morning in 2001. NO TIME FOR EMMA BUNTON OR BOB THE BUILDER :)

In a time when people were buying CDs

PEOPLE ACTUALLY WALKED INTO A SHOP, PICKED THAT SONG UP AND CARRIED IT OUT THE STORE.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
There’s also a DJ Ötzi version of Live Is Life but let’s not. Let’s have this instead :disco:

Not that I’m derailing OBVIOUSLY but it certainly clears BLUE from the mind :disco:

In a time when people were buying CDs

PEOPLE ACTUALLY WALKED INTO A SHOP, PICKED THAT SONG UP AND CARRIED IT OUT THE STORE.
:D And PROUDLY WALKED HOME WITH A BAG FULL OF SHIT

I wrongly thought that Touch Me was the first number one of the year. I guess I must have just been so incredulous over Bob. Ok let the culling begin.

Limp Bizkit will always symbolise the death of MTV2 being an incredible music channel - nu metal was absolutely appalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom