Aaliyah's music coming to streaming

I adore We Need a Resolution, it’s just perfection.

More than a Woman was it back in the day but I find a bit blah now.

I Care for you and I Refuse are :disco:

got a train ride to Leeds ahead of me this afternoon and I can't WAIT to consume this in full and ride the wave of those luxurious turn of the century beats :disco:

OMG the production on We Need a Resolution is such a thrill. Timbaland really did himself dirty as the decade went on. the sound he cultivated in '00 was so fresh

Loose Rap is slinky as shit. it's the sound of drinking a spritzer poolside and posting a thirst trap on ig knowing he's gonna see it.

It’s such a perfect record with very few weak links, Rock the Boat being the main one. :(
well this is factually wrong! it's actually gorgeous, ethereal and stunning. it might even be my favourite Aaliyah song actually, or ballad anyway. that gorgeous cascading glacier synth on the chorus is just... *melts*

I never noticed before but it has quite a bit in common with the amazing Janet Jackson b-side Put Your Hands On, and musically it seems like it could have been an inspiration for the Damita Jo record in general. queen shit.

I Care 4 U is perfect stoner R&B. so mellow, so deep, and that lush deeper vocal on the chorus... quiet storm nutrition.

to let a fine man like YOU go
she must be insane...
heee-EEE-ee-EEÉÉ-eyy!, sexy baby...

ugh!

I Care 4 U is perfect stoner R&B. so mellow, so deep, and that lush deeper vocal on the chorus... quiet storm nutrition.

to let a fine man like YOU go
she must be insane...
heee-EEE-ee-EEÉÉ-eyy!, sexy baby...

ugh!
I Care 4 U is what Ariana Grande THINKS she's making.

Last edited:
Timbaland was at his studio stoned best with Aaliyah. Those were the days. The other stuff was grossly overlooked at the time (by me), except the fatal luxury and languidity of Rock the Boat and extra cute Loose Rap. Tonight/this-morning (whatever the moment is) has really lit a fire under What If and U Got Nerve for me. We Need A Resolution, Try Again and More Than A Woman are of course the album's podium occupiers. I still remember buying this album thinking I need to buy everything she has ever did and then she died the next day.

I can’t believe this album is twenty years old.

It still sounds so fresh. Fully agree with all of the We Need A Resolution love, it was always my favourite.

My scope of the music world as a 13-year-old was really pretty limited (of course it would be) but I think Aaliyah was one of my first proper touchpoint with R'n'B. The videos were on MTV & co. all the time, we hadn't had internet at my parents' place yet but I recall being quite fascinated with them and her!

HATE THE SNAKES in the We Need A Resolution video though. Gave the album a spin again last night and it still sounds so, so good. Sigh.

Apart from the main songs, Those Were the Days and Read Between the Lines were the big favourites. They’re so typical of that era but still sounds so so good.

Having been OLD ENOUGH to buy the first Aaliyah album on IMPORT, I think I stand a good chance of being Moopy's EARLIEST Aaliyah stan. And on that note, a SHEENA DEFINITIVE AALIYAH TOP TEN (sorry R Kelly haterz...):

1. If Your Girl Only Knew
2. At Your Best (You Are Love)
3. We Need A Resolution
4. Try Again
5. I Care 4 U
6. Got To Give It Up
7. Summer Bunnies
8. More Than A Woman
9. No One Knows How To Love Me Like You Do
10. 4 Page Letter

Shee first got me into If Your Girl Only Knew - what utter aural FILTH :disco:

Praise the lord it's a Missy/Timba production and not one of Robert Kelly's :zombie:

1. Try Again
2. At Your Best (You Are Love)
3. Rock the Boat
4. We Need a Resolution
5. Are You That Somebody?
6. More Than a Woman
7. Back & Forth
8. I Refuse
9. Extra Smooth
10. Loose Rap

"I Refuse" is how you know she would've served it for the gays every step of the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom