ABBA - Super Trouper Sync Listen

Pingu

Noot noot
Join me later for the first of our ABBA album sync listens!

Hoping the ABBA fans who have lost all sense of proportion will join me, but also would love to see a couple of people who might not be intimately familiar with every one of their album tracks. It might help a few people with their ABBA rate scores, but apart from that, it should be fun to revisit what I think is one of their best albums tonight.

It’s Super Trouper!
Super Trouper.jpg

ABBA’s 7th studio album, which sees them transition from the spandex and platform boots of the 70s to their perms and wooly jumpers 80s aesthetic, Super Trouper also sees them shift into mature territory.

As well as “that divorce song” the lyrics deal with themes ranging from fascism to split personalities, high society flirting and the gloomiest new year song you’ll ever hear.

They were still churning out the hits at this stage though, with Super Trouper, The Winner Takes It All and Lay All Your Love On Me all featuring on here.

Tonight we’ll listen to the 10 tracks on the main album as well as Elaine, which was relegated to B-side status but included on later deluxe editions.

I hope you’ll join me to listen along and maybe even send some rate scores afterward if the mood takes you!

We'll do this on YouTube; here's the playlist, hit play at 7:

Last edited:
We usually put sync listens into Moopy Moop for maximum potential listenership, I can move it if you want, or would you prefer to stick to the ABBA crowd?

We usually put sync listens into Moopy Moop for maximum potential listenership, I can move it if you want, or would you prefer to stick to the ABBA crowd?
Go for it! Wasn’t sure what the etiquette was.

I think I may be busy, but if so I'll be with you in spirit.

My mum had this album. I preferred this, released a couple of weeks earlier

Full_House_album.jpg

ABBA randomly don't really write many proper middle-eights but the one in Super Trouper is lush.

Thank god it's not The Album! :basil: :tongue:

Anyhoo, Super Trouper. Abba Classic of course. They even LOOK in their prime here.
Agnetha looks like a sack of shit loosely tied in the middle

Frida does look stunning in this video.

(Not in the sweater necessarily)

Seriously, I don't think Agnetha ever looked worse in her singing career.

ABBA really did know how to smash a feel-good midtempo. Super Trouper is definitely top 5.

10 Super Trouper

I'm not exactly a scholar of fashion through the years, but was that amount of eye shadow so liberally applied ever in?

Obviously I'm a FRIDA STAN through and through, but that is one of the best pop vocals ever

the long vocal notes :disco:

10 Super Trouper
10 The Winner Takes it All

the gregorian-esque BVs doth take one directly to church in the outro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom