Ag It Up! - FRIDAY NIGHT DISCO (TONIGHT 8pm)

Next up this wasn't even nominated for the Dance Anthems... FAR more familiar I shouldn't wonder.

2. Bucketheads – The Bomb! (1995)

I actually don't think this has aged exceptionally well. It needs a CRISPER MIX.

And DON'T WORRY I won't be DISCUSSING WHAT THEY WERE ALL SAMPLES OF or OBJECTIFYING WOMEN.

Up next the one that failed to qualify and then Buttertart ignored my requests to play on the bonus night... Love this...

3. Ruff Driverz – Dreaming (1998)

Not seen ginger braids like that since Tiff Mitchell drank too much on a night out.

And DON'T WORRY I won't be DISCUSSING WHAT THEY WERE ALL SAMPLES OF or OBJECTIFYING WOMEN.
tumblr_mtjckgab4G1qb05aco1_250.gifv

I'll be surprised if none of the videos do the objectifying for you though.

I've heard the song that "Ride on Time" ripped off TWICE this week. I like knowing about the samples :disco:

Now MY Basement Jaxx track OF CHOICE, the lesser remembered of the first two of their BIG HITS

4. Basement Jaxx – Rendez-Vu (1999)

This Basement Jaxx song is very fine. I'd forgotten how much I like it.

I quite honestly preferred the reggae-lite-dance of the early 90s :D I KNOW I'M A CUNT

I will be insisting that any of the ridiculously exploitative songs that I nominated were in spite of the videos and not because of them. It may even be true.

If you don't know the sample, join me in my samples class. Book now!

5. Stretch n Vern – I’m Alive (1996)

Stretch & Vern may be our first song of the evening where the young lady in the video probably isn't doing the singing.

Just six years later Goldie was on Big Brother with Anne Diamond.

6. Goldie – Inner City Life (1995)

About 13 years ago I went to see the Sex Pistols and Goldie was the support act. The aging punks were NOT impressed.

Goldie had the weirdest career. Credible dance music to villain in terrible Bond film to first out of Strictly in little more than a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom