ASFM: Bad Idea - CLOSED

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
Well that certainly was a whole lot of good ideas in song format. Well done to all of you. Votes to me by PM in the below format.

Non voters will have their songs entirely removed from the competition, which sounds like a fairly bad idea to me. You may, if you wish, include reserve points scorers with your votes in case something you voted for gets removed.

Voting closes at 23.59PM on Sunday 24 March 2024, so just ten days before I have to complain about only having received two votes!

Song 1 - This is your captain speaking, welcome aboard! (Yorgos Mazonakis - Kalos sas vrika)
Song 2 - Naughty Mr Pangolin has sex with a diseased bat (Adèle Castillon - Rêve)
Song 3 - Victoria Beckham's Solo Career (Shygirl ft. Cosha - Thicc)
Song 4 - Sending Metal Songs to ASFM (ONI ft. Howard Jones & Josh Gilbert - Aura)
Song 5 - Going on Moopy when Drunk (Rollo Goes Mystic - Love, Love, Love Here I Come)
Song 6 - US Independence from the Crown (Jelena Karleusa - KARLYB*TCH)
Song 7 - Cursive Singing (RebekkaMaria Soul To My Soul (J Mode & Patchworkz Radio))
Song 8 - Pool party at Rishi's (Maybe - Used To This)
Song 9 - Going to work in hell with Satan (Chapel Hart - You Can Have Him Jolene)
Song 10 - Kalavision )Adolphson & Falk - Stockholmsserenad)
Song 11 - Jemini (Lou Elliotte - June/July)
Song 12 - No Caption Needed (Geo22 - Magic)
Song 13 - Zoom Avatars (The Last Dinner Party - Nothing Matters)
Song 14 - SOMEONE DESIGNING TAILS DOLL (Alizée - J'ai pas vingt ans!)
Song 15 - The future is blood red. Like my lipstick. (Poncho ft. Paul Oakenfold & Maxi Trusso - Please Me)
Song 16 - I'm going to pat that dog on the head (Tourist - Valentine)
Song 17 - Cats vs Cucumbers (Mirella - Timanttei)
Song 18 - Truss (Lucius - Born Again Teen)
Song 19 - A terrible dilemma (Bronze Avery - Cut and Copy)
Song 20 - Brexit (Janie - La Macarena)
Song 21 - Mollie in The Traitors Final (Ashley McBryde, Caylee Hammack, Brandy Clark & Pillbox Patti - Bonfire At Tina's)
Song 22 - Whoever was paid to come up with this (Michaela May - 1954)
Song 23 - Making unnecessary journeys, taking risks on treacherous roads, and swimming in the sea (Jessica 6 - The Storm Inside)
Song 24 - The Case of Samantha Fox, Mick Fleetwood & The Incompetent Autocue Handler (Jewelia - Invisible Wall)
Song 25 - Lynne Perrie on The Word (Jenni Vartiainen - En haluu kuolla tänä yönä)
Song 26 - Entering a Portuguese song into A Song For Moopy (Joana Espadinha - Astronauta)
Song 27 - Basic Instinct 2 (Tina Arena - Love's Funny That Way)
Song 28 - Chicken in a can (Streetlight Manifesto - We will fall together)
Song 29 - The United States of America (Maëlle - Toutes les machines ont un cœur)
Song 30 - Stuck in a cave (Little Boots - Crying on the Inside)
Song 31 - Going up against Kylie (Alan Walker & Daya - Heart Over Mind)

Semi Final 1

Semi Final 2

Spotify

Last edited:
Listened to round 2... A few good ones, think round one was the stronger of the syncs but my top 2 will probably comprise one from each as there are 2 immediate stand outs across the pack.

Beyonce really influenced the girls this ASFM didn't she hey!

@Moderator could you take all the stickiness from the submission thread and apply it this one?

Many thanks

I've listened to them all once! Which was quite enough.

I’m displeased as there’s one that operates in the same area as mine but is a bit more commercial so will steal my points pushing me towards the bottom echelons (possibly maybe).

First vote is in. I hope the rest of you are advanced in your listening.
200w.gif

There are some keepers here!

It could be subtitled the French round

I'm not sure there's a CLEAR winner so the results should be interesting!

Four (and a bit) days for nearly everyone to vote. :evil:

• Care
Reactions: Hak
It really is a good selection. There are hardly any instant chops off the top of my head. I'll have to dig out some SCIENCE to work out where my votes are actually going

Oh there were definitely a couple of immediate chops, but an otherwise bumper crop of tasty ditties.

I think I have picked my favourites but I’ll do a final run through later today.

I thought i had a standout 20 but after a few listens it has plummeted down the ranks. One more play and I’ll do my scores.

Voted! I absolutely adore my top 5 and the rest I gave points to are all keepers, well done everyone :disco:

• Care
Reactions: Hak
I must say many of these have a lot of replayability, not being the same ones hitting hardest initially makes this ranking pretty difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom