Australia 2017: Isaiah - Don't Come Easy

Jacques

doing it for my lover
Pronouns
He/Him

Bit disappointing after their first two entries, can't see it keeping up the top 5 streak. Can't decide whether I prefer it to his X Factor winning single that was rumoured or not

Ugh, what a big dull dud. I'm happy to see Italy win, but it'd be nice if they had *some* competition. Right now it's looking like a walkover.

I'm living for the day Australia will send Kylie

I pray that one day Natalie Imbruglia SWIMS FREE from the Cannes docks and finishes 20th with a midtempo acoustic guitar track.

I like it more than the rumoured track. I can see it doing similarly to Frans last year. Probably a little worse. Definitely not a winner.

What a beautiful yet peculiarly irritating mouth.

It makes me laugh that this perfectly acceptable but quite dramatic ballad would have quite a lot of people CREAMING THEIR KNICKERS if it was sung by Dami Im...or any woman for that matter.

He reminds me of a woman in his looks. I can't place quite who...

Cara Delevingne?

It's fine, it's just a Sam Smith song though, isn't it?

Cara crossed with the lovely Tanita Tikaram.

I don't dislike the song. I don't find it overly Sam Smith, but a Sam Smith song minus the Sam Smith isn't too bad a prospect, anyway.

This limped into our charts at #69. Dami made #5, which says it all really

A year on has Dami made much long term gain out of her Eurovision success? I see her (disappointing) follow-up single didn't really do anything, but her Carpenters album seemed to sell well.

A year on has Dami made much long term gain out of her Eurovision success? I see her (disappointing) follow-up single didn't really do anything, but her Carpenters album seemed to sell well.

Not really :( She's been touring the Carpenters show almost non-stop since her Eurovision appearance, which I thought was a really odd thing to do considering this was her one chance to go to the next level as a pop star, but I guess touring is where the money is. Australian acts who are only popular within Australia must make basically nothing on record sales, so I don't blame her for choosing to tour instead. Still... such a missed opportunity, she could have at least ATTEMPTED some European promo or appearances

This ad for the final shows in Melbourne really tickled me though

32c739b1-a67c-430b-ae3e-cf20c20560aa_382681_CUSTOM.jpg

Not even Emma Bunton would dream of bringing her Mum on tour as her opening act :D

I haven't heard the album but Karen Carpenter feels like such an odd fit for her voice too. Did she do an iconic Carpenters perf during her Idol run or something?

I don't think so (it was X Factor, not that it really matters). I never bothered with the album either, but it seems to have been a good move so they clearly tapped into something people want - I imagine it's all middle-aged and older at the shows, which is an achievement in itself considering how, well, racist older Australians are

I'm sure Dami is enjoying her Carpenters tour but it doesn't half sound fucking depressing. Mind you, where is there to go after Eurovision apart from treating the nation to some dry covers and hitting the Wagga Wagga nitespots with MUM?

POOR DAMI :(

Mind you, she can be proud of her LOVELY LOGO

But is it MUCH LOVED?

She really did play Wagga Wagga :D Although I think Mum was just a special treat for the surely baffled Melbourne audiences. I wonder if her setlist was just a couple of hymns. No wonder the over-50s are on board, now that I think of it - maybe Dami's next show will be an Anita Bryant tribute spectacular

Although I think Mum was just a special treat for the surely baffled Melbourne audiences. I wonder if her setlist was just a couple of hymns.

:D 'Kumbaya' in Korean NO DOUBT

ALLTEGETHERNAH

I can remember the first time I saw Shirley Clamp flyers at the RVT. I hadn't realised until that point that she was a real person.

“That same year, the 23-year-old joined prominent Australian singers including Kate Ceberano and Troy Cassar-Daley in producing a charity single rendition of Your The Voice [sic].

“The single was dedicated to raising awareness of domestic violence, with all profits going to DVConnect, a charity providing crisis response to DV victims and families in Queensland.”
How unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom