Azerbaijan 2024: FAHREE feat. Ilkin Dovlatov - Özünlə Apar

Tisch

Spare potatoes
They're doing a National Final this year (EDIT: No they didn't) after ten years of selecting internally. All Azerbaijanis and among them is their first non-qualifier AISEL :disco:

I always appreciate a reason to post this banger. A Eurovision (semi only) DIAMOND.

Last edited:
But has ANYONE heard from TuranTuralX recently? :eyes:
Baked into one of Efendi’s cakes

If they want to do a national final it should be a Battle of the STARS

AYSEL
AISEL
EFENDI
SAFURA
NIKKI BUT NOT ELI
DIHAJ
SAMRA!

X My Heart is indeed iconic, but she was vocal even at the time how she disliked it and wanted to come back with a song in her usual style, ie jazz :(

I'm sure jazz is great fun for the musically gifted AISEL, but please keep it at arm's length from the common people.

NIKKI BUT NOT ELI
I assume that she has finished working for Azerbaijan's Make Roads Safe campaign (despite getting into a car accident where she was doing a video selfie without a seatbelt on) she has got free time next year?

Apparently this will be an internal selection after all. Shame. Was looking forward to getting the Chromecast out and seeing what Azeri adverts look like :disco:

The six finalists that made it through the round of auditions are:

Aisel
Emy Lia
Fahree
Ilkin Dovlatov, Mila Miles and Etibar Asadli
Qorqud
Sabina Guluzadeh

No word on when we'll hear the songs or when we'll get any further news, so I imagine there'll be a nice period of Azeri heel-dragging for the next 8 months or so. :)

A very LQ clip of the song:

Diyar is Azeri for "the land", the main line seems to be "going back to the land" which can easily be interpreted as about Artsakh. Yet another headache for the EBU (if they've even noticed)

Wow they slipped that in while the EBU were looking elsewhere didn’t they!

And here the EBU were so relieved that the Icelandic and Serbian songs that they’d have had to ban both lost their national finals.

Joking obviously. Is it subject to EBU review?

I wonder if the EBU are regretting allowing things like "1944" compete - it seems like we've really upped the ante of fairly unsubtle political lyrics since then. Mind you, Greece 1995 slipped through the net back then too so I guess it's always been a possibility

What happened to Azerbaijan?

Awful

Well that definitely doesn’t sound like something that was rejected early in the selection process and then mysteriously got abruptly announced as the winner at the eleventh hour for unexplained reasons.

I hear they've ditched the not at all contentious line from the demo about going back to their land.

I think this could be a massive grower, the STRINGS are stunning, and of course the whiff of the SOUK warbling at the end is fantastic.

I don't dislike this? I appreciate the soundscape but it does feel a bit 75% there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom