Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KindaCool

Basic bopz plz
Totally forgot this song existed. Oh the memories. Not sure if it even existed outside of Oceania?

Last edited by a moderator:
The female fronted Savage Garden without the success or the tunes

I guess this is okay, although I wouldn't ever put it on by choice. One of those songs which is technically good but not really enjoyable, in my opinion. I remember being agog when they put out a greatest hits a few years back, incredible that a label would bother when this was their only major hit (although a few more were huge on radio but not sales)

A #84 SMASH in the UK btw

Totally forgot this song existed. Oh the memories. Not sure if it even existed outside of Oceania?

Well, it does exist in the random Asian country I'm from. And it's still famous enough in Sweden that when Tania Doko moved there, she noticed her own song playing in the radio there.

Female Savage Garden? I always had this down as an Alanis knock-off like Meredith Brooks.

I don't know WHY I know this song! But definitely in my zone of teen angst dramas like Dawson's Creek though

Female Savage Garden? I always had this down as an Alanis knock-off like Meredith Brooks.

They're Australian and there's two of them - that's pretty much where that thought ended :D

They were definitely going for an alternative rock girl vibe which is kind of hilarious - Alanis, even at her worst, wouldn't be caught singing braindead shit like Permission To Shine, which haunts me to this day

Loving this comment
20 year old dude don't know if it's okay that I like this song .... Not gay I like girls

What a POOF

Don't think I'd ever heard of this before Tania Doko popped up in this year's Eurovision selection.

Predictably, I love it.

The female fronted Savage Garden without the success or the tunes

A #84 SMASH in the UK btw

:basil:

Did this really only get to #84?

One of those tunes that was all over The Box in the late 90s but then flopped at retail

Absolute radio staple down under for the past 25 years.

Deservedly so :disco:

Actually got to #65. :david:

Coincidentally, it charted the same week as The Animal Song by Savage Garden.

This was the chart that was historically recalculated as that week they lost the data for Virgin Megastores & Our Price. Another casualty was Tina Cousins, who should've reached the heady heights of #38 with "Forever" rather than the #45 that was announced :( "Buses And Trains" was originally not in the top 75 when announced that week.

As for this song, not sure how I came across it either as I definitely didn't know it at the time but I've loved it for years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom