Barbarian

Won’t you please be my baby now?

• Total voters
This was definitely a crowd type of movie. My screening had a bunch of screaming people who just added to the atmosphere and the movie knows that they’re doing all the dumb decisions and want the audience to yell at the scream.

This was definitely a crowd type of movie. My screening had a bunch of screaming people who just added to the atmosphere and the movie knows that they’re doing all the dumb decisions and want the audience to yell at the scream.
Well I saw Prey For The Devil yesterday with a full screening of twats squealing at the screen and it was fuck awful. One of the worst things I’ve seen all year. Saw Barbarian this afternoon on my day off with about 5 quiet people in the screen and had a brilliant time!

I saw this last Friday night.

What was the point of this movie? Yeah, I had fun but I wish they would explain a bit about what was wrong with the deformed lady and the old man.

I had to go to the wiki page to find out he r*ped women while filming it and then held them captive while raising the babies (in case they got pregnant) but, where are those babies??? Where are those poor women??/SPOILER]

I saw this last Friday night.

What was the point of this movie? Yeah, I had fun but I wish they would explain a bit about what was wrong with the deformed lady and the old man.

I had to go to the wiki page to find out he r*ped women while filming it and then held them captive while raising the babies (in case they got pregnant) but, where are those babies??? Where are those poor women??/SPOILER]
The homeless man literally explain it just like that!

Well I saw Prey For The Devil yesterday with a full screening of twats squealing at the screen and it was fuck awful. One of the worst things I’ve seen all year. Saw Barbarian this afternoon on my day off with about 5 quiet people in the screen and had a brilliant time!

Good for you :D I was just saying my opinion of the movie was improved by the screams and groans of the audience.

Prey for the Devil looks awful.

I was just saying my opinion of the movie was improved by the screams and groans of the audience.

I experienced the same with Smile, half the fun was all the 14 year olds screaming, leaving the room and coming back

this looks good, I hope it screens here soon

I experienced the same with Smile, half the fun was all the 14 year olds screaming, leaving the room and coming back

this looks good, I hope it screens here soon

My Smile experience was awful, i made the mistake of going to a 4:30pm screening full of teens who were scarier than the movie. They weren’t even into the movie they just talked. I ended up putting my headphones in to muffle their voices.

I think I’m far too cynical. I love a good fun Horror film, but with the generic shit like Smile when people around genuinely get “scared”, I just want to shout at them for being pussies.

My Smile experience was awful, i made the mistake of going to a 4:30pm screening full of teens who were scarier than the movie. They weren’t even into the movie they just talked. I ended up putting my headphones in to muffle their voices.
Exactly my experience with Prey For The Devil.

Decided to see Prey for the Devil instead of this due to timing issues and REGRETTED IT INSTANTLY.

No plans for a cinema visit until next Friday so hopefully there's a showing somewhere.

Thought this was a bit crap overall. Seen it all before. Points for the narrative structure though!

This is on Disney+ now

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was fantastic! The best horror I've seen in a long time.

Finally caught up with this and had a lot of fun. It's clearly VERY heavy handed with the ol' symbolism but it makes up for it with inventiveness and WTFery.

More comedians making horrors please.

Side note:
Not so subtle Jeepers Creepers reference in Justin Long's eventual dismissal... very nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom