Christina Applegate has MS

Poor Christina. I don't watch this show but I've always found her to be delightful.

It's strange how there's been this little run of female celebrities being diagnosed with MS recently - Christina, Selma Blair, Emma Caulfield.

Loved seeing Katey Sagal (her mom in Married with Children of course) there with her. Now, if Joanna Cassidy had been there (her boss, Rose, in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead (1991)) I'd have squealed.

Very few people will ever be able to top the woman who gave the world Kelly Bundy.

Christina Applegate believes that her time as an actor on screen has likely come to an end.

Applegate has acted in film and TV since she was a child, first gaining popularity in Married... with Children from 1987 to 1997.

Most recently, the actor concluded a three-season run on the acclaimed Netflix dark comedy, Dead to Me.

However, in a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Applegate stated that the role, in which she played an acerbic widow named Jen, would “probably” be her last in front of a camera following her multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis in 2021.

Speaking about her screen partner, Linda Cardellini, Applegate recalled how they “were in love with each other” from their first day on set, and her gratitude to be able to work with someone whose acting talents matched her own.

“It’s rare that you have an equal playing field and you get to play ping-pong instead of tennis. There’s a difference,” Applegate, 51, noted. “Ping-pong is so much more fun when the other person is just as good as you are.

“I’m probably not going to work on camera again, but I'm so glad that I went out with someone who is by far the greatest actress I’ve ever worked with in my entire life, if not the greatest human I’ve ever known.”

Applegate learned she had MS, a condition that disrupts the communication between the brain and the body, in 2021. As a result, the actor finds it difficult to walk unaided and has increased sensory sensitivities.

Cardellini played Judy in Dead to Me, a woman also dealing with grief who befriends Jen at a counselling group.

Both actors have spoken highly about one another and have established a close friendship off-screen.

Cardellini was a guest when Applegate was recognised with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in November, as well as Applegate’s Married... with Children co-star Katey Segal.

Elsewhere, Applegate claimed that staff at ABC were “not sympathetic human beings” when she was diagnosed with cancer during the filming of Samantha Who? in the 2000s.

“I'm so glad that I went out with someone who is by far the greatest actress I’ve ever worked with in my entire life, if not the greatest human I’ve ever known.”
:D

I'm not sure Linda Cardellini has that much range but I relate to this level of hyperbole

At the Emmys last night.

"We don't have to applaud every time I do something" :D

The velvet dress and crescent moon necklace is serving in a very Stevie Nicks kind of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom