Coco (Pixar)

Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Pixar and so I went into this without any expectations. It looked pretty and the music was good and I ended up crying at the end and had to rush out the second the credits rolled so that the theatre full of kids won't see me.

I could have done with them shaving 10 minutes off as it felt a bit too long but that might be cause by the insipid Frozen mini movie that I was forced to watch.

I loved it. Visually gorgeous, moving, funny and heartbreaking. The music used was brilliant. Easily the best animated movie since Up!

The twist in the story was predictable, I hated the dog and the spirit animals were badly animated, looking more like Battlecat from He-Man. For those reasons I marked it down. However otherwise very lovely.

Looks good, is it a bit of a rip off of Book of Life though? I adore that film. It looks like mescaline.

The twist in the story was predictable, I hated the dog and the spirit animals were badly animated, looking more like Battlecat from He-Man. For those reasons I marked it down. However otherwise very lovely.

The dog felt really forced, like we need a wacky sidekick and they took the first idea that came to mind. Also his animation was disturbing, he was very disjointed.

I also left the cinema BAWLING.

I have to say I thought it was only really in the last third that I felt GRIPPED. There was something a bit OFF for the first part. It was pleasantly enjoyable but I didn’t really think the plot was all that cohesive at the start. On reflection, I think maybe I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the afterlife. There were clearly plenty of jokes to be had but it just sped right into plot points and Miguel didn’t seem at all phased as to what he was seeing.

I also could have done without the spirit creatures, which looked ridiculous and didn’t get nearly enough screentime to warrant such ludicrous designs.

It came together by the end though. Certainly enough to make me think that it’s the best Pixar effort in a while. Nowhere NEAR as good as Up, mind.

I also could have done without the spirit creatures, which looked ridiculous and didn’t get nearly enough screentime to warrant such ludicrous designs.

they are LOVELY

alebrijes.png

• Love
Reactions: GNL
But the majority of them were just whizzing around in the background.

Agree that this looked beautiful. Felt a bit sluggish in the middle and some of the plot lines were a bit predictable but it dealt with some very adult themes really well and it all comes together very nicely in the end.

I would probably have given it an extra point if I hadn't seen it dubbed

Frida had me laughing though (as the only grown up in the room. CHEER UP PARENTS)

Just watched this. It was lovely. Visually stunning, and I actually really liked the alebrijes.

It took a lot of restraint not to UGLY CRY in front of my flatmate and just cry quietly with DECORUM at the end.

Just watched this. It was lovely. Visually stunning, and I actually really liked the alebrijes.

It took a lot of restraint not to UGLY CRY in front of my flatmate and just cry quietly with DECORUM at the end.
Just watched this and in was crying through the whole second half. What a fabulous film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom