Disposable Vapes DEAD!

Lucille

Soy más zorra todavía
REST IN PEACE MY SWEET PRINCE!

IMG_3752.jpeg

Reactions: COB
I am a vaper and these can indeed go fuck off.

I did use one once as an emergency stopgap when mine broke, and they're just so wasteful.

My most boomer opinion is that these are EVIL, so thank fuck for that.

Half of Hackney going into nicotine withdrawal all at the same time, the vibes are going to be WILD that week!

Anybody want to run a scam with me where I send them to you and then you really overcharge people for them?

We’re all laughing now, but wait til they come for poppers again…

For a long time I genuinely wondered why I was seeing so many highlighter pens discarded on pavements and in the gutter.

I don't know which is the more unedifying sight, a bunch of empty nitrous oxide capsules or a handful of these just strewn over the pavement.

I got stuck behind someone in a Nisa Local the other day - she was struggling to choose a flavour of vape and after I quickly became quite irritated (I know, you're all SHOCKED). "Oh, shall I have the lemon bubblegum flavour or the Jack Daniels and Tizer flavour? Oh look! They have the new lentil and wheatgerm!!! Did you ever get the crystal meth and Amanda Holden's Pants flavour?" "Sorry, sold out in a flash, I can do you a mushroom and pubes flavour?"

me:
Sorry Chicken GIF by happydog

I'm not really interested in a VAPE anyway, but it's just another way of BLAMING CHAVS for the environment, isn't it? I mean, I agree that they're a load of wasteful nonsense, but SURELY you should be looking at what BP and SHELL are doing rather than worrying about this?

I'm not really interested in a VAPE anyway, but it's just another way of BLAMING CHAVS for the environment, isn't it? I mean, I agree that they're a load of wasteful nonsense, but SURELY you should be looking at what BP and SHELL are doing rather than worrying about this?
Oh, there's undoubtedly a bit of that - as much as they are a bad thing, it's a comparative drop in a strangely warm ocean.

These are mass-manufactured by private companies in a really irresponsible way.

They're impossible to recycle, they contain batteries which you're not meant to bin, so there's a big problem there in terms of disposal, even before you get to the fact they're really widely littered.

There's also the issue of resource usage - i.e. we have a limited amount of lithium in the world, it shouldn't be used up for THIS of all things.

There's obviously bigger fish to fry in terms of polluters, but it doesn't mean it's not necessary to tackle other environmentally damaging industries.

Don't want to get all tin foil on you but these started life on TikTok and ended up on the streets and in the hands of the kids of the West. The CPC has totally done us here.

Anyway, I'm glad they are going. I'm all for freedom of choice, but that shouldn't be at the cost of others. If people want to inhale nicotine they still can, but single use vapes have to go.

These are mass-manufactured by private companies in a really irresponsible way.

They're impossible to recycle, they contain batteries which you're not meant to bin, so there's a big problem there in terms of disposal, even before you get to the fact they're really widely littered.

There's also the issue of resource usage - i.e. we have a limited amount of lithium in the world, it shouldn't be used up for THIS of all things.

There's obviously bigger fish to fry in terms of polluters, but it doesn't mean it's not necessary to tackle other environmentally damaging industries.

I don't disagree at all! But I still think it's posturing by a government trying to look like they give a shit about environmental issues...

I don't disagree at all! But I still think it's posturing by a government trying to look like they give a shit about environmental issues...
It's caring about the environment and children all the while accepting a 350k donation from the CEO of a company which markets them.

Not that Blue Raspberry, Strawberry Mousse or Rainbow Burst flavours are in any way targeted at children, of course.

Last edited:
obviously they are horrible for the planet and deserve to die. (I say this but I am a vaper, oops.)

however I'd question whether this will really happen. on July 1st flavoured vapes (disposable or otherwise) were supposed to be banned in the Netherlands. the next week I went to the vape store and they said the ban was pushed to next January, and will probably not happen then either. it's hard to legislate against something that's so new there's really not much research about any long-term health or addiction effects yet.

Probably hard to work around loopholes as well, they can probably make them technically re-chargeable/re-fillable, yet if they sell them cheap enough people will essentially treat them as disposable anyway.

I'm not a smoker or a vaper but why would you ever vape when FAGS exist? At least they look cool.

Some of the sweet vape flavors smell worse than cigarettes

you can vape all night and not wake up the next day feeling like an animal died in your throat so there's THAT

I feel much worse after vaping as I tend to CHAIN them after a few drinks.

you can vape all night and not wake up the next day feeling like an animal died in your throat so there's THAT

not entirely true! I think I wake up with worse coughs if I were vaping all night onstead of smoking cigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom