Do you have an inner voice?

Do you?

• Total voters
I've spent far too long thinking about this today. I don't know if THINKING WORDS is an inner voice or not. I'm thinking words right now. Am I speaking to myself? I don't know. I just think of it as thinking. It doesn't really have a voice.

Well this is going to drive me insane.

It’s not an actual voice but it definitely SOUNDS like the way I talk. So yeah I sort of hear it?

This thread just confuses me :(

Yes, I have OCD so my mind is constantly my own narrative plus a cacophony of intrusive thoughts and compulsions. The battle between the two is exhausting, but speaking in front of an audience, listening to music and playing games is when it’s most diluted and I feel most at ease from it. This video is the most accurate I’ve ever seen for what it’s like:

Am I the only one who always have a song/tune stuck on a loop in my head then? This is why music is exhausting.

Certainly. It seemed to start out when I was 4-ish and presenting my awesome discovery of the world as a TV show in my head
The "presenting TV to some invisible universe" thing mostly fucked off after school, but the general "thinking to self" thing never did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom