Donna Queen

Sheena

ROMANCE
Have we noticed that in the past week, Madonna demos are appearing on streaming in HQ under the name Donna Queen, with strangely AI’d artwork of a random young blonde woman.

So far, there’s been Sorry (which is the actually released Broken (I’m Sorry)), Never Let Me Go and Across The Sky.

WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?

IMG_4167.jpeg

I mean, the artwork is SENDING ME :D

Isn't this what William Orbit posted about a few days ago? though he doesn't mention anything about ludicrous new artwork.

1706121190821.png

I don’t think so- none of the songs so far accredited to Donna Queen are from him or that era. Across The Sky is a Timberland/ Timberlake collaboration left off Hard Candy, Sorry is actually “Broken (I’m Sorry)” which was a fan club only release and recorded during the Celebration sessions with Paul Oakenfold and if I remember rightly, Never Let Me Go was part of the Rebel Heart leaks…

Yeah there’s those too on Apple.

Surely these can’t be being put there by official channels but you have to wonder how it’s being allowed if not…

this happens with Lana demos all the time on Spotify :disco: I've no idea how they get away with it.

It’s probably the record company doing it, right? Might as well make some money out of the masters rather than YouTube leaks getting it…

Ive heard of people doing it to get music they like on streaming that hasnt been officially released, to complete playlists etc

But surely the record company knows?

Madge and whoever she is with are famous for stopping illegal anything- they must know about this.

I WANT A HOLOGRAM TOUR! With some ridiculously AI’d BITCH miming to Madonna demos. They could call it THE REDUCTIVE TOUR :disco:

The artwork is off putting but I must put a playlist together of these. Haven’t heard any of them.

Oh I'm really enjoying these! I hope they don't get taken down.

I actually prefer 'Across the sky' to many of the songs that did make it onto 'Hard candy'.

I noticed some instagram posts with Madonna tagged in the other day, so you’d think the more that happens, the more chance of them disappearing becomes. Unless of course it is record company related after all.

It’s totally got me, though- I’ve heard all of these before but they’re on regular rotation now and I’m checking for new music a few times a day :D

Both Freedom and Shame have been removed from Apple Music, so it looks like it's not some record company scam and it's OVER. :(

(I think everything has been removed from Spotify too, but I'm not a subscriber there, so not sure if there's something I'm missing with the search function)

I don't see why she can't release them officially. She's left the Early Years album on there, and that really is awful!

I'm banging out Across The Sky on Apple Music as we speak.

It's very odd that this stuff has even been made available though. I don't expect it to last long.

Never Let You Go and Sorry are still playable for me this morning, but the others aren't.

That must mean it's all JUSTIN'S fault.

They’re all gone for me on Apple Music now.

It’s a shame as they really did make me play/ appreciate them more. The fact they’re out there being played anyway makes no sense- throw them out on streaming on a demo album and make some
MDOLLA.

All gone for me now too.

She’s so weird about her legacy, but I do get it. She wants to be seen as current and not looking back. I thought this tour meant she had softened her view, but the block on the album reissues seems to suggest not.

All gone for me now too.

She’s so weird about her legacy, but I do get it. She wants to be seen as current and not looking back. I thought this tour meant she had softened her view, but the block on the album reissues seems to suggest not.

It’s not a block, it’s just not happened yet. Supposedly it will, though it’s fucking ridiculous we’re at this point already and the most expansion we ever got was those “this will do” cd reissues of the first three albums 20 years ago that had a couple of 12” mixes tagged on apiece. It’s really frustrating. Especially when you consider that Like a Prayer is in desperate need of remastering and sounds tinny as fuck on cd.

I guess many artists are funny about demos- Kylie has enough to do 10 demo albums but nothing appears.

It’s not a block, it’s just not happened yet. Supposedly it will, though it’s fucking ridiculous we’re at this point already and the most expansion we ever got was those “this will do” cd reissues of the first three albums 20 years ago that had a couple of 12” mixes tagged on apiece. It’s really frustrating. Especially when you consider that Like a Prayer is in desperate need of remastering and sounds tinny as fuck on cd.

I guess many artists are funny about demos- Kylie has enough to do 10 demo albums but nothing appears.

It's definitely a block, the only party who would stop it is her.

Kylie is weirder, as the Anti Tour seemed to show she knew what her loon fans wanted.

It's definitely a block, the only party who would stop it is her.

Kylie is weirder, as the Anti Tour seemed to show she knew what her loon fans wanted.

Don’t get me wrong, it HAS been a block but that block has “supposedly” been removed and they’re working on things. Just no one knows whether that includes actual expanded editions.

Finally Enough Love was the first fruit of the catalogue reworking supposedly.

Though you’d think with the tour and last year being the 40th anniversary of Madonna, SOMEONE would have been clever enough to think there was never a better time, but NO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom