Drag Race Down Under Season 2

Hannah Conda looks so much like Baga Chipz to me that it's distracting.

Strange to have some of the more cookie clutter queens be safe, I think they got rid of someone who could have been sweet to watch.

That was one of the best Untucked exchanges in a long time.

"I just made a joke and whoever told you that is very unkind. They are responsible, not me ... I mean, I know I said it. You don't even need to ask me for an apology, I give it to you".

They have just been firing on all cylinders interactions-wise. A vintage queen in more ways that one.

Watching the episode just now, and I'm so confused - they're just doing a generic Drag Race acting challenge 'queens in prison' script? WHY is this not a Prisoner parody?!

The sketch was just unwatchable. I had no concept of who did well and who didn't because the writing and editing was so dire. They might as well have pulled names out of a hat.

And why not have still-alive Cell Block H or a Wentworth (ie, Ferguson "The Freak") on as a guest judge and perhaps even as someone who could have coached them some? Strewth.

Hasn't Lawless done this before? She was rather subdued and didn't even get a canned Ru laugh when she said her scripted commentary (which has to go on record as the worst that's ever been broadcast surely).

A surprising amount of the Prisoner cast are still with us, though quite a few have passed away in the last couple of years :( Val Lehman (original Bea Smith) would've absolutely bitten the producers' hands off to appear though I'm sure, she'll do anything! My personal preference would've been to get Maggie Kirkpatrick AND Pamela Rabe as guest judges, two Freaks at once :disco:

I've picked this series to do over Canada's Drag Race, although Drag Race fatigue means it's more just something I put on in the background.

The queens do seem strong though, with a nice mix of personalities. Minnie was briefly my favourite, partly just in a "bless her she's old" way, but actually she's really fucking annoying? I too laughed when she said she "didn't share this often" about the dyslexia she'd been wanging on about and I WON'T APOLOGISE AND SAY IT'S INAPPROPRIATE, MINNIE.

Visually, Lucy Lawless appeared to be morphing into a (non-problematic) Roseanne Barr

I wonder how many of the queens will turn out to be massive racists this time around. Let's hope there's better screening in place

Ep 2 starting with a 'comedy moment' where they thought the eliminated queen had scrawled the N-word on the mirror was a real "only on this version" moment. Is a BIT OF RACISM really so central to Oz culture?!

It was a silly challenge but I thought it was pretty easy to see who the strongest performers were.

I like the group of queens. It's a nice mix.

I wonder when it was filmed. Maybe all the guest judges will be New Zealanders.

I thought that tornado roll (apparently) was a move gone wrong.

I need to unsee Minnie’s nip slip (but the dreass was fabulous).

Also I hope that the Ancient Egyptian community has forgiven Hannah for the hurt she has caused them by performing in Egyptian costumes (and graves).

I need to unsee Minnie’s nip slip (but the dreass was fabulous).

Also I hope that the Ancient Egyptian community has forgiven Hannah for the hurt she has caused them by performing in Egyptian costumes (and graves).

Oh we so were not given the full scoop on that. No way was that all there was to it otherwise Katy Perry, The Bangles and rhythmbandit have all got some serious explaining to do.

Just watched ep 3 (last weekend's), and it felt like this season really clicked into place for me? I think the queens are great overall, and I enjoyed the drag brunch challenge a LOT.

Kween Kong has actually been performing at the Edinburgh Festival, but you'd have almost zero idea about it other than showing her location on professional pictures on her instagram. Apparently Bianca and Adore were there too? Gosh, I'm so out the loop. Jinkx was stupendous of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom