Favourite Steps Covers

Is Story of A Heart a cover?

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
There are just so many now, and honestly some have been absolutely genius choices. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd missed one or two.

I’m definitely in a Steps place at the moment - the steady dribble of content from the channel has kept them on my mind

I had no idea No More Tears on the Dancefloor was a cover :o

Chain Reaction is impeccably well done. I even prefer it to the original :o
That and Devil are quite low down the pecking order for me. Neither were especially inspired.

Most of their better covers (imo) were the more obscure cuts.

Devil has grown on me over time. I used to think it was sacrilege they had even attempted it :D

Last Thing On My Mind, Tragedy, Better The Devil You Know and Something In Your Eyes (a song I didn't think it was possible to improve) are all imperial.

Chain Reaction is also very good and, agreed, better than the original.

Victorious and A Million Years were missed opportunities. Particularly the latter because it is such a strong song.

Quite frankly appalled at people preferring their cover of Better The Devil You Know.

Claire’s increasingly demented HONKING over the final minute of Chain Reaction never fails to tickle me. :D

Better The Devil You Know isn't a particularly inspired cover and it didn't come all that long after the original relatively speaking, but I've never understood what is supposedly so offensive about it.

When they covered both Bananarama’s Last Thing On My Mind and Movin’ On I half wondered if they were going to end up covering the whole Please Yourself album.

Better The Devil You Know isn't a particularly inspired cover and it didn't come all that long after the original relatively speaking, but I've never understood what is supposedly so offensive about it.
Theres a LOT to be said about Mike Stock and Matt Aitken's contributions to the production.

The Steps version turns it into a tinny lightweight mess.

Also I would have had Story of a Heart as one of my votes had it been on the list.

Also I only voted I Know Him So Well because of this hot trash 13/10 remix

I've just gone through Light Up The World. Packed with fucking covers.

I refuse to diminish my character to survive any further.

HISTORY IS MADE AT NIGHT is a cover of the great song of the same name from the great TV show SMASH

If we're also counting their versions of rejected covers from failed popstars, then I would vote for To The Beat Of My Heart too! :disco:

Here and Now and You Make Me Whole are both covers, too.

Nostalgia is why I love Devil these days, but I understand the Kylie version is objectively much better.

I usually like them all, as anything done with their vocals and style is usually a winner for me. But the couple of the last album of Victorious and A Million Years seemed pointless if you aren’t actually going to better what we’re not exactly phenomenally produced tracks as they were and actually make them sound cheaper.

With hindsight, Dancing With A Broken Heart is the worst in the sense that the Delta version actually has great production and despite a strained vocal she sounds very distinct. The Steps version is just knock off karaoke on all levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom