Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

KindaCool

Basic bopz plz
Haven't watched this yet, so plz no spoilers but apparently it's phenomenal. Has anybody watched it? Recommend it?

No spoilers plz

I made it to the third which was so horrible I’ve stopped. I am tempted to check out the Babadook director’s one because it’s meant to be quite good.

I like the concept of this, but of the four I've watched none blew me away.

The one with the skincream starring Kate Micucci was so gnarly I almost had to turn it off. But then I've never had any stomach for body horror.

I can’t be bothered to make a thread for his version of Pinocchio, but I’m watching that now.

What a beautifully imagined and utterly charmless version. Why do they always always think that screen actors will be good voice actors too? Also they’re all doing whatever accent they feel like.

particularly Pinocchio’s actor, the most annoying middle class boy, absolutely dreadful. Even Jiminy cricket is a prick.

They’ve added fascists too, who immediately accepted the haunted puppet, also decides that he’s a “dissident” for skipping school

Now Pinocchio’s DEAD? I’m not even halfway through!

I’m surprised by that
The death subplot is bizarre

death made a big deal that he’s immortal and that’s a terrible burden, but he could just decide to be mortal at any time, as long as he acted the DIRE CONSEQUENCES, which only seem to be that he’s mortal and doesn’t have his terrible burden?

And then dies almost straight away and re-traumatised his PARPA

This is a weird movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom