I went on a long run to Hard Candy and MDNA on Sunday

I came to love even the get stoopid drop. Give It 2 Me is HOT

Give It 2 Me was her weakest single in YEARS- perhaps ever. I don’t hate it but the tinny production is generic as fuck, the chorus is flaccid and it doesn’t go anywhere. The beginning of the end.

But by comparison to what has come since, well…

I can enjoy bits of Hard Candy for what it is, but part of the problem is that it already sounded dated / late to the party at the time. Loose and FSLS had done what it did, but better, two years earlier.

Last edited:
What pop music/artists did well in 2008? I have a blind spot when it comes to the end of 00’s and for instance I always forget which year Lady Gaga debuted; was it 2008 or 2009?

Hard Candy isn't a Madonna album in any way, shape or form.

I feel Miles Away, Devil and She's Not Me are definitely Madonna while the rest bounces between Timbaland/Furtado/Timberlake rejects and Pharrell's weak as piss efforts no other singer would take.

Devil, What Goes Around AND Rehab (by Rihanna) were such carbon copies of each other - Timbaland really was running on fumes at that point :D

DEVIL? It’s literally the same song as What Goes Around and, to a lesser extent, Cry Me A River.

I apologize and you're completely right, must have been confused with another song :shock: This one is literally Rihanna's Rehab with different lyrics.

I'm playing Rebel Heart on vinyl this morning and I still maintain there's a brilliant 10 track album hiding amongst the ridiculous amount of tracks and formats.
You know what
That was my Brighton marathon training soundtrack and actually it worked
So yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom