I'm sorry but 'Rebel Heart' is one of her best albums, and...

.. had it not been for the leak and rushed last minute remixes/edits, it would have gone down in historica as one of her best albums.

Discuss.

I mean, the fact that this ended up on the cutting room floor when it quite clearly would have made @funky 's Top 37 Madonna Songs of All time!

Haters need not enter this thread because I'm paying you *dust* already

tumblr_njd9iitnxv1tk77fko1_500.gif

.. had it not been for the leak and rushed last minute remixes/edits, it would have gone down in historica as one of her best albums.

I agree with this statement, I think it would have been a very good club album :disco: RIP Avicii

It was also a major return to form following MDNA which we can discuss in another thread :eyes: Unfortunately, we still got some MDNA bits and bobs mainly in the form of Bitch I'm Madonna but omg the highs on this are towering: Wash All Over Me, Heartbreak City, Devil Pray, Addicted.

Last edited:
It certainly felt like a Madonna record, after two albums where I barely recognised her (HC & MDNA) and for that I will forever be grateful. She's still alive!

Dreadful almost from start to finish. Or was that MDNA? I couldn’t really tell them apart.

May I Add:

#JusticeForRebelHeart(DemoVersion)

The one that got away for her in the 2010s. That - along with a career-revisiting biopic style video - would have been the ticket.

And that vocal on "Nothing Lasts Forever" is amusing. I'm assuming it's a demo.

Ok, so it's nowhere near one of her best albums, but in there, there is a germ of a really good 10 track album and so, overall, I am SOMETHING of a fan. As it stands, it's overlong, ridiculously messy format-wise and has very little cohesion. Yes, the leak affected things, but then not even putting the title track and (nearly) best song on the main album was a RIDICULOUS thing to do.

Tracklisting should have been:

1. Living For Love
2. Rebel Heart
3. Ghosttown
4. Devil Pray
5. Addicted
6. Unapologetic Bitch
7. Heartbreak City
8. Joan of Arc
9. Body Shop
10. Wash All Over Me

There's a pretty good EP in it. If I ran to 10 tracks I'd be including some real duds.

On the whole I find it confused and ugly to the ear.

5/10

Ok so these are the ones I ”love”:

Best Night
Messiah
Unappologetic Bitch
Illuminati
HeartBreakCity (minus points for the stupid spelling)

11 Devil Pray
10 Ghosttown
10 Unapologetic Bitch
09 Rebel Heart
08 Body Shop
08 Bitch I'm Madoolla

and after that there's NOTHING WORTH TOUCHING. great EP, beautiful EP.

11 Devil Pray
10 Ghosttown
10 Unapologetic Bitch
09 Rebel Heart
08 Body Shop
08 Bitch I'm Madoolla

Joan of Arc is my favourite song from the album, and up there with some of her best ballads overall!

11 Devil Pray
10 Ghosttown
10 Unapologetic Bitch
09 Rebel Heart
08 Body Shop
08 Bitch I'm Madoolla

The fact that you have Bitch I'm Medooner and Butty Shop on there while the likes of Messiah, JOAN of Arc, Inside OUT, HeartBREAKCity, Wash All Over Me are conspicuous by their absence says it all.

Dust.

Last edited:
For me the 'EP' is:

1. Living For Love
2. Devil Pray
3. Ghosttown
4. Unapologetic Bitch
5. Hold Tight
6. HeartBreakCity
7. Inside Out
8. Wash All Over Me
9. Messiah
10. Addicted

The trouble is, without the (awful) uptempos, the second half would fall very flat, despite songs like Hold Tight, Inside Out and Wash All Over Me actually being very good.

For me the 'EP' is:

1. Living For Love
2. Devil Pray
3. Ghosttown
4. Unapologetic Bitch
5. Hold Tight
6. HeartBreakCity
7. Inside Out
8. Wash All Over Me
9. Messiah
10. Addicted

The trouble is, without the (awful) uptempos, the second half would fall very flat, despite songs like Hold Tight, Inside Out and Wash All Over Me actually being very good.
The fact that you are choosing to refer to a 10-track album an EP just to denigrate the Queen.

DUST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom