Kings & Queens of England SURVIVOR (Part 3)

Vote for your LEAST favourite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Per @ZenGiraffe's request, this time I want you all to vote for the King or Queen you want to AXE.

But first, let's take a moment to pay our respects to the Kings and Queen we've lost in the last round as we lay them to rest in Westminster Abbey or a car park in Leicester.

0 Votes
George VI - Shy and stuttery George got 6 votes in round 1 so I don't know why you all went off him so quickly.

1 Vote

William II - Never married, filled his court with fashion-forward young men, and was branded a deviant by the church. Queen!
John - Flop King John famously lost the crown jewels in The Wash. Relatable to those of us who have lost socks that way.
Richard II - A child King who eventually grew up to be a bit of a tyrant. Some historians think he went mad, others think he was just a bit of a dick.
Mary II - Our first Queen to go. Mary ruled jointly with her cousin-husband William (see below), and played second fiddle to him throughout her short reign.
William III - William of Orange led the very astutely branded Glorious Revolution. People are still marching up and down high streets in his honour.

2 Votes

William I - William the Conqueror was actually a name historians came up with. In his lifetime he was called William the Bastard. Probs NOT to his face.
Edward II - Edward upset his nobles and his wife for doting on his problematic fave, Piers Gaveston. After they killed poor Piers, he didn't learn from his mistakes and took another favourite. He was deposed, locked up, and allegedly murdered by a red hot poker up the rear. A hate crime.
Richard III - His fanclub went looking for his remains to prove he wasn't the evil hunchback of Shakespeare's play. When they found him it turned out he WAS hunchbacked, but that doesn't mean he was evil. Locking his nephews in a tower never to be seen again might do though.
George III - The longest reigning King of England, although he was out of action for a bit of it. George was by all accounts a very clever man, but people only remember him for losing some colony, and also going mad.

We've got one Norman, one Plantagenet, one Lancastrian, five Tudors, two Stuarts, one member of the house of Hanover, and a couple of Saxe-Coburg und Gothes Windsors. No Yorkists remaining. Sorry, @Indie :(

So @ZenGiraffe is to blame for it being vote to axe?

1663275538386.png

Fuck Henry VIII. Ultimate dick move, founding a whole religion just to get rid of his missus. How a fat ginge like that got 6 women to shag him, I'll never know, must be a power thing.

I did vote Ar Tilda out, but with regret. There are far more interesting players there.

That said there's a lot to LOVE about her. She escaped from prison in the snow by wearing white! FASHION ICON

mev-10008932.jpg

She worked hard to sort out these two numpties (Harry 2 and Thomas Becket). Ultimately a waste of her time, as Becket was murdered after she died

beckethenryii.jpg

Last edited:
With 'Charles III' now as good as gone, I readdress my cry of bootlickers towards those of you not voting out Elizabeth II (or Elizabeth I, for any Scottish readers)

GET RID

A useful thread for those who like their research QUICK

Since this topic started I've been researching all the monarchs, making notes on each of them. I'm rubbish at all the medieval Henry's and Edward's, and as a history teacher that just won't do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom