Melodi Grand Prix 2021: Moopy 8.35pm Sync Watch - the lagged watch party

I do think good luck to them in Norway - it’s obviously a big star for them and I just hope they see the true consequences to their actions come May.

It surely is going to absolutely tank at Eurovision, isn’t it?

And I don’t say that just because I don’t love it.

It surely is going to absolutely tank at Eurovision, isn’t it?

And I don’t say that just because I don’t love it.
It stinks of a local star who just doesn't translate to the big stage. Strip away the stupid staging and it's just an unmemorable ballad by an offputting bloke. Even with the staging, it just looks cheap.

Isn't that sort of point of the tacky staging/angel wings concept though? A little jibe at typical Eurovision entries, in a fun Fire Saga sort of way.

That said, I agree it'll tank. I don't see it qualifying out of the semis.

It stinks of a local star who just doesn't translate to the big stage. Strip away the stupid staging and it's just an unmemorable ballad by an offputting bloke. Even with the staging, it just looks cheap.

Especially when you think that the jury vote is 50%, so even if the public voted for it as a laugh, that’s usually not enough. Unfortunately that’s also why a lot of Eurovision gold gets left behind in the semis :(

I think for a song like this it’s too early to say how well it will or won’t do (yes, my edit of the title of the other thread). It’ll depend on how the semi-final shapes up over the next few weeks but with The Roop, Fuego 3.0, Efendi, Sweden, Russia, LESLEY ROY, Romania etc it’s certainly looking like an uphill battle, but I wouldn’t count him out yet by any means.

When the stream went buggy and skipped to a VERY QUICK shot of a man in angel wings being crowned the winner and I really tried to convince myself I hadn't seen it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom