Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Another overly long somewhat predictable murder fest from the house of Ryan Murphy on Netflix now.

I've nearly watched it all, despite everything. Utterly grim and almost sympathetic towards Dahmer, which is just unnecessary.

Well, against my better judgement I watched the first two episodes of this and I think I will complete the series. Evan Peters is such a fine actor and of course he is great in this but I really feel he should now try to cut the cord with Ryan Murphy and branch out.

I admire some of Murphy's work (Feud, Pose and the Assassination of Versace to be specific) and I managed to get through the first episode of this which was an extremely uncomfortable watch. I had to talk myself into watching the second one and then after the third one I just had to watch the rest because the actress playing the grandmother played Olivia Walton (the mother) in 'The Waltons'. Despite the many faults and inaccuracies throughout the series, the episode focusing on Anthony Hughes, the deaf victim, was compelling viewing.

I've been watching this but I already knew a lot of the Dahmer story beforehand. I clocked Molly Ringwald immediately but it was driving me potty who was playing his grandma so I had to IMDB her.

I'm probably going to keep on watching as I'm halfway through but it seems a bit too sterile for me and the main aim seems to be to generate sympathy for a cold, calculating psychopath. The "nice guy" act was exactly that, an act.

Just finished this..So grim and utterly depressing, parents so messed up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom