MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

I'm not listening to this but i will just post about the musical if that's ok. A post is a post!

Perfect is sung by the brother of the main family who has a lot of expectations on him as a sporty CIS MALE. he's quite handsome but very dull and lots of people wanted the number to be cut
Why don't you listen to it if you're following in real time anyway? :D

@dUb did you actually like the musical?? :D
I did! :D There are some amazing moments and performances. It just goes too far with the social issues. There are 7 at least and it's all just too MUCH. It really seemed to be finding an audience on Broadway before the closure though - was resonating with the TEENS quite a lot i believe. I think it'll come back. Forgiven (end of Act One - the DEFYING GRAVITY if you will) is just stunning

07 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect

08 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
06 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket

06 All I Really Want
09 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket

Hand In My Pocket is such a breezy summer jam. I absolutely love it. Quite a restrained vocal.

Right Through You is the clearest example of her angst and unhappiness and disillusion with the music industry and the suits she'd been hanging around and why we most likely didn't get a Jagged Little Pill II follow up.

It's also my personal lowest point of the album but still very solid 8

Well hello Mr MAN
Now that I'm Miss Thing
Now that I'm a zillionaire
You scan the credits for your name and wonder WHY IT'S NOT THERE

Hand In My Pocket really did suffer from overplay but I had a bit of a resurgence to it when it was in Transparent

07 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect
10 Hand In My Pocket

Right Through You is triumphant. This must be a very early 'Me Too' song. It wasn't really mentioned by female artists at the time, to my recollection.

07 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect
10 Hand In My Pocket
06 Right Through You

WELL. Forgiven has always been a favourite. Nine year old Iggie was desperate for it to be a single. But probably a bit too ON THE NOSE

06 All I Really Want
09 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket
08 Right Through You

08 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
06 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket
07 Right Through You

I know very little about the musical so any insight is good to know! I probably will see it if it gets to London (and the world hasn't ended)
I definitely see it coming to the West End. It's about a family with PROBLEMZ. The mother is addicted to prescription pills, the daughter (black, adopted) is bisexual and rebellious, the son is 'perfect' and has a friend who's accused of sexually assaulting someone at a party, I think the Dad just feels SO UNSEXY to his wife as he sings that song. :)

I definitely see it coming to the West End. It's about a family with PROBLEMZ. The mother is addicted to prescription pills, the daughter (black, adopted) is bisexual and rebellious, the son is 'perfect' and has a friend who's accused of sexually assaulting someone at a party, I think the Dad just feels SO UNSEXY to his wife as he sings that song. :)
I just heard about 8 boxes being ticked somewhere :D

08 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
06 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket
07 Right Through You
05 Forgiven

oh and the mother's name is MARY JANE :D:DAF:

This is going significantly less well than I remember it. I found Forgiven borderline unpleasant.

Forgiven is such an EPIC screamathon :D her vocal is not always for me and it treads a fine line here, but just about survives

06 All I Really Want
09 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect
09 Hand In My Pocket
08 Right Through You
07 Forgiven

This is going significantly less well than I remember it. I found Forgiven borderline unpleasant.

You sound like Tori Amos speaking about Jagged Little Pill in May 1998:

"I really like her. She's such a good person. I like her as a person a lot. I like the songwriting and I think I like her singing but I've got to tell you, I have a hard time listening to that record, just on a sonic level. It would make a dog's ears hurt. I hate records that have so much high end and no bottom."

Reactions: dUb
The video to You Learn is about to be released on YouTube properly for the first time ever. Till now her official vevo has had a weird pixelly stop start one and I've no idea why they never bothered sorting it.

Also this middle 8 bit (and the outro) has the exact same baseline as 2 Become 1. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom