Nicole Scherzinger - 'Don't Hold Your Breath'

And I knew that you, that you could KILL someone

• Total voters

Devil

I Need A House

I know there's a few differing views on good old Queen Nic on moopy, but this just came on again and it truly is an utterly tremendous slice of pop music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway absolute 10 for me. Hands down my favourite track of 2011 :disco:

Her finest moment. Well that might be Whatever U Like but this is UP THERE too

I prefer Poison and the performance formerly known as The Perf. I've never got the buzz with this one. It's perfectly servicable but nothing wonderful.

It's alright but not that great. My personal favourite single from the campaign was Wet, even if it was Only Girl with a lot of bass added in. Right There was the worst though, it's a horrific mess.

Poison really was life changing for about 6 weeks. It's still great, but there's something about this one that I just can't move past.

I think the lyrics resonate CONSTANTLY with my love-life (or shreds of)

10/10.

A bad movie ends and the screen turns to black. :(

We've all been there.

Poison really was life changing for about 6 weeks. It's still great, but there's something about this one that I just can't move past.

I think the lyrics resonate CONSTANTLY with my love-life (or shreds of)

I relate more to this classic Nicole and the Pussycats hit.

:disco: God they had some tunes.

Hush hush; hush hush is probably my PCD fuck-you-men track of choice

It's a good track but not the 10/10 moment a lot of people claim it is

Personally I prefer Poison and Wet

Oh so that's who sings this song. It plays at my work occasionally. I enjoyed Whatever You Like much better.

Oh it's a 10/10 all the way, absolutely brilliant. I'm STILL kind of surprised it got to #1 and in retrospect it feels like it's already been rather forgotten. It's not her best single though, Poison and Try With Me are both better.

It's HER moment so far. I agree, It's a solid 8. Definitely her best effort to date.

What a peak. The cautionary soul-mama middle-8 is a total Mary Kiani moment, but the sleek overdramatizing verses are to die for nevermind the chorus where you no longer care what she's singing about.

You take my money and I knew that you, you could kill someone

I can't believe this was an absolute flop in the US after the mediocre Right There did rather well.

POP INJUSTICE

What a peak. The cautionary soul-mama middle-8 is a total Mary Kiani moment, but the sleek overdramatizing verses are to die for nevermind the chorus where you no longer care what she's singing about.

You take my money and I knew that you, you could kill someone

It all just works so well. The chorus, despite being damn simple, is just so mesmerizing.

It's the little touches such as the breath sound effects and the echoes in the middle-8 that make this really quite special.

The fact that it got to #1 makes it even better.

I remember she got the promotion of DHYB just right. A couple of high profile performances before or on the release, was a bit of an old school single release and it worked.

Infact she gets more of her promotion right, she really works hard for each single release, like Girls Aloud and Geru used to. She has to really, but I love it.

Last edited:
It's a good song but I just got a bit fatigued by it- though it has certainly aged better than "Poison". I'm all about "Right There" with this Summer heat that we're having :disco:

And I knew that you(phoria), you could kill someone
I gave you everything but nothing was ever enough
You were always jealous over such crazy stuff

The momentum this killler track possesses is a constant surge. I wish she had more like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom