Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

I’m hoping I’ve retained my muscle memory for God of War as I got quite good at it! Don’t know if I’ve said but I defeated all the Valkyries… 🙃
I got them all in the end. The Queen by some kind of miracle :D

I loved God Of War. That THUD in your hands as you catch the axe never got old - it feels so VISCERAL. This does look like more of the same, but it's been long enough since the last one that I'm OK with that.

I’m hoping I’ve retained my muscle memory for God of War as I got quite good at it! Don’t know if I’ve said but I defeated all the Valkyries… 🙃

I started replaying GoW last month and I definitely haven't retained mine :D I am SHIT now!

PSVR 2 trailer:

It looks amazing! There's no way it won't be insanely expensive though, that technology is up there with the top PC VR headsets.

The latest issue of Edge magazine has a fair bit of coverage of PSVR2 and I was toying with the idea of it since I think PSVR was amazing on PS4 etc. Then I saw the price tag of FIVE HUNDRED QUID :D is that more expensive than the console itself? Who are they targetting this to?!

It's one of the most advanced VR headsets currently available in terms of technology, I believe! Definitely not going to break through until the price is a couple of hundred quid lower though, definitely.

Damn, same release date as the PC version. That‘s a good get

the reaction to the suicide squad game has been pretty negative on the internet

Damn, same release date as the PC version. That‘s a good get

the reaction to the suicide squad game has been pretty negative on the internet

Oh my god, that camera is so much better than the PC one is atm, though I'm sure they'll enable it there too, at least when playing with a controller

We finally have a release date for Starfield, Bethesda's next big game (and a potential killer app for Xbox this generation):

Dunno if this has been discussed before but has anyone played the Horizon Zero Dawn series? Just about to finish the original, and it's just about killed me :D I still find it just about impossible to go up against the machines one-on-one. I always gotta be in a place of advantage.

The story is phenomenal, but the character customization/skill tree is pretty shit. I hope Forbidden West improves that.

Dunno if this has been discussed before but has anyone played the Horizon Zero Dawn series? Just about to finish the original, and it's just about killed me :D I still find it just about impossible to go up against the machines one-on-one. I always gotta be in a place of advantage.

The story is phenomenal, but the character customization/skill tree is pretty shit. I hope Forbidden West improves that.
Yeeep. I enjoyed it a lot but got to a stage where the machines were just too much to deal with. Difficulty in a game is a very very fine line for me, but ultimately I think I prefer actually having a chance and progressing the story than feeling like I'm battling the same monsters over and over.

I played it quite a few years ago so I forget but yes I remember there being some machine I tried a few times and just gave up on. I finished the game as well.

Just finished it 😩. The final battles were LOTS of fun. Fighting those Death Bringers is good gaming. Wish there was more post-game cut scenes, but it was still sweet.

Also, I am never touching this game ever again :D

BY THE WAY. Make sure y'all pre-order FF16, Diablo IV and Baldur's Gate III. Excellent RPGs on the way.

In the meantime, I need something else...

Anyone played Bloodborne? I'm hearing rumours of BEST GAME EVER!!!1! but I'm really not getting it.

I'm quite literally stuck on the first "boss" who I'm not sure even is a boss, just a big enemy and he's killing me in two swipes. It's putting me back to the same spot every time and it's frustrating. Oh and my health packs aren't recovered after I die either... :eyes:

I also have zero idea of the storyline, where I am, or what I actually need to DO. Will the storyline make sense once I actually get past this beast? Am I completely missing something with the combat that I'm meant to be doing? Reddit/walkthroughs seem to suggest being patient and tactical with the fights, but I'm no good at either of those :tongue:

I don't want to give up because it was bought for me and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, but I'm struggling to turn the game on at moment knowing I'm just going to keep dying and not progressing at all

Knowing how you are with difficulty, I'm saying just give up.

I've bounced off Bloodborne a few times. Soulsborne games in general are unforgiving, with the story told through the world rather than clear cutscenes etc.

Elden Ring is probably the best entry level into this style of game, but even then, I'm not sure it's for you tbh.

I loved the first one and played it and the DLC to full completion.

The magic had gone for Forbidden West though and I dumped it after 8 hours or so. Aloy is even more of a spanner than before, the skill tree is one of the dullest things you've ever seen and they made the weapons even more fiddly which is exactly what this game didn't need. It looks spectacular though.

I've tried with the From Software games and they just don't do it for me - I think it's just a fundamental design thing, what they're offering just isn't what I'm looking for when I sit down to play a game. I think they reward a LOT of time spent with them, and in my experience don't really value the player's time.

Love Bloodborne. It’s frustrating but so rewarding but also I quit it twice and had to come back.

It’s the only Form game I’ve stuck with. I want to try Elden Ring but I’ll wait till it’s discounted.

@Love shine a Tischlampe I wonder if you'd enjoy NieR Automata. It's a singleplayer action game that can be challenging, but you can also really customise your character in a way that lets you make the game as easy or hard as you want. It also has a very insane Japanese RPG style plot which you may or may not appreciate :tongueout:

Also if/when you get a PS5 it looks like Final Fantasy XVI may be right up your street - it's a full on action game unlike most of the others :tongueout:

I started the first one twice but couldn’t get into it at all. I found it too fiddly.

I’ve got my PS5, but I’m not allowing myself to play it until my actual birthday (even though I’ve paid for most of it). Abstinence is HARD, no wonder most people are drunken sluts.

• Care
Reactions: COB
Sony are doing a presentation next Wednesday:

It's just over an hour long, I wonder what they'll be showing?

The big rumour that's been floating around for a while is a full remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, which would be quite something.

Since Square Enix are getting into the final stages of FFXVI promotion (and it'll be less than a month until release when this presentation takes place), I wonder if they'll start ramping up the trailers for FFVII Rebirth :eyes:

Since Square Enix are getting into the final stages of FFXVI promotion (and it'll be less than a month until release when this presentation takes place), I wonder if they'll start ramping up the trailers for FFVII Rebirth :eyes:
It can’t be long until they start showing it off. Unless there are delays it’s no more than 9 months away.

Stream here:

19,000 people already in the chat and it doesn't start for another two and a half hours :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom