Post a one-hit wonder R&B song

Amerie is definitely known for one song. But I can't let go of the fact that she has a beautiful run of flop singles and managed to carve out a steady career of three of four albums before she disappeared. She was quite a moopy favourite for a while.

Reactions: SDF
I'm definitely a fan of hers. I love her voice and I think her consequent singles were all pretty solid.

Yes I remember a certain section of Moopy being quite taken by Amerie’s third album

Well I was listening to this earlier. It's like the older sister to Aaliyah's more luxurious More Than A Woman.

I love that song but I hope you’re just posting it as a passing interest and not as a response to this thread title otherwise imma have to upgrade you from a :kim: to a :greta:

Just because some budget Keyshia Cole/Amerie clone has been steadily releasing songs since 1999 to no avail doesn't it mean it can't fit here

Amerie is definitely known for one song. But I can't let go of the fact that she has a beautiful run of flop singles and managed to carve out a steady career of three of four albums before she disappeared. She was quite a moopy favourite for a while.

Amerie’s debut album was gorgeous. I don’t think she ever topped that for me.

Why did Amerie become Ameriie and then go back?

Not sure if this was already posted - this was #1 EVERYWHERE (except US where it only went top twenty). The follow up "I Love Them Ho's (Ho-Wop)" ( :manson: ) *shockingly* did not make the same impact.

I think this only did anything in North America (US #20, #3 at pop radio). I loved it at the time but it's a bit SHIT IN RETROSPECT

Technically she never really had a big hit as she never reached the top 50 in US Billboard Chart nor did she chart in the UK but I'm using the excuse this was NO 1 IN THE US DANCE CHARTS (:D) to throw this SULTRY CHARMER of a song in!

According to searches Nikka Costa has never actually had a hit of any kind, but she just came up on a playlist for the first time in ages and I'm now trying to find anything recent. Last seen doing a cover album in 2017 and now seems to live in Australia.

Push & Pull is such a great song.

I hope that despite her attempt to reinvent herself as a serious artisté she is fuming that this is still her only (moderate) success, anywhere :D
:D

She shouldn’t be. It’s a masterpiece. I think of its lyrics often.

I wonder what her second best song is. I’ve never bothered to find out.

:D

She shouldn’t be. It’s a masterpiece. I think of its lyrics often.

I wonder what her second best song is. I’ve never bothered to find out.
Oh I quite agree but you just know she hates it (as an artist who values INTEGRITY and INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY)

I don't think he ever had a proper hit in Europe but he had a lot in USA and this is not even the biggest one! I like his early singles but then he just started to release generic boring songs one after another until he stopped having any impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom