Post your favourite moment from SEASON 9

I mean come on, an absolutely ICONIC chaotic all-star cast (with possibly just Kimora Blac the only real forgettable queen) containing THREE winners:

Sasha Velour
Peppermint
Shea Couleé
Trinity Taylor
Alexis Michelle
Nina Bo'nina Brown
Valentina
Farrah Moan
Aja
Cynthia Lee Fontaine
Eureka
Charlie Hides
Kimora Blac
Jaymes Mansfield

I can totally see a universe where Peppermint, Eureka and Valentina all join the winners circle one day TOO!

And so SO many iconic and messy moments - lest we forget that Nina Bo'nina Brown SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLAC CHINA!
9u8covtqqgu61.jpg

What was your favourite moment from this iconic season of MESS? :disco:

Last edited:
The season 9 reunion was just WALL TO WALL moments, I'd love somebody to transcribe the ENTIRE THING as it was just iconic dialogue and draggings the whole way through.

However the time Aja and Farrah Moan rebrand Valentina's Miss Congeniality as FAN FAVOURITE is just CHEFS KISS
"You don't love me..." :BList:

I can only find this weird fan edit online which sadly misses out Valentina's iconic "Shut up FARRAH MOAN" line :D

Aja was basically her idol Crystal Labeija reincarnated. I wish the show had figured out what to do with her a bit more, as she was so effortlessly quotable and watchable.

Her Holding Out For A Hero lipsync was incredible too, made even better by the TERRIFYING OUTFIT she was wearing:

Charlie Hides only MAKES SUSHI twice a YEAR, and she's not very good at it :basil:

Charlie: "The lyrics to that Britney Spears song, they are about masturbation. That's what I was doing, I was FEIGNING MASTURBATION"
Aja: "Well you didn't get us OFF girl" :ShockedSenhit:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
I’m sorry but I love Kimora, her youtube series Wait… what?! is funny! COMEDIENNE QUEEN :disco:

Oh I actually watched this season! Surely nothing is better than those two semi final lip syncs?

Side note: trinity is probably my least favourite contestant ever.

Season 9 was the first one I watched live. Just after starting watching season 6 as my introduction, as advised by moopy.

What an introduction :disco:

It's such a shame that Drag Race doesn't seem to be a very healthy place for Nina psychologically, because what a truly ICONIC contestant she was. Imagine what she could do with a budget to play with.

I unapologetically <3 NBB, no matter how many times she's been cancelled I can't HELP MYSELF. Truly the Azealia Banks of drag.

Strange that her HAPPY PLACE seems to being permanently on Instagram Live or doing hour long rambling Youtube videos, but whatever makes her happy I guess. I think it would be cruel/immoral to put her back on the show.

Had she been able to compete she could have been SUCH a front runner too. Ru and the show clearly adored her, and to this day nobody does drag like Nina Bo'Nina Brown does :disco:

nina-bonina-shake.gif

This season is the best outisde the ”emperial era” thT was S4-6. I think all the iconic moments have been mentioned above.

One nice thing was to experience the transformation of Trinity from at first thinking of her as a hateful mean girl to becoming one of my favourite queens from the whole show.

The Aja-Kimora lip sync and the Macarena remix of Alexis and Farah Moan are definitely two of the best moments of the season (for different reasons). :D

i'd say it was the last great season with a really strong cast.

sasha velour's so emotional lipping was its crowning glory - from the super simple yet super effective concept, down to her every movement and fabulously deranged expressions, she was absolutely phenomenal. i remember feeling so bad watching shea being completely demolished in real-time. masterful as she was, there was zero competition between her no gimmicks take and the velour revolution.

I think the cast is amazing and some of parts of it have gone down as all time classic moments. That said, I think it's come off a lot better in retrospect than it did at the time. I remember it seeming quite choppy in its editing compared to the AS2, which just preceded it, or even the S5/6 heyday. Trauma mirror corner every episode was a bit of a struggle, the lighting choices on the runway were odd and it just took a while to get going.

I love it now though and it builds spectacularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom