Record Store Day 2024

Sheena

ROMANCE
Anyone buying anything?

I’m in Berlin but my cousin in law is in the local queue and has a list for me. I’m after:

Kim Wilde
Sophie Ellis Bextor
Dead or Alive
Steps
Rocky Horror
Nancy Sinatra

Will go out locally if he doesn’t get anything and see if I can found anything here.

Sophie and Rocky bagged by said cousin in law. Now to head out and see what I can find here. Germany loving Kim doesn’t bode well.

I managed to get the Agnetha album from Sweden delivered yesterday, which seemed to defeat the object. I assume it's one of those released alongside RSD releases, rather than being an RSD release, if that makes sense.

It’s listed as an RSD release. I’ve already got a copy so didn’t bother.

Slightly confused then - is it commonplace to be able to pre-order things now?

And is it the CD version you already have?

No, on vinyl.

We are talking about Tio Ar Med, right? Or is there something else I’ve missed?

No, on vinyl.

We are talking about Tio Ar Med, right? Or is there something else I’ve missed?
No - but there's a new version of Tio År Med? I didn't see that on the lists.

The new vinyl release is what was the bonus disc in the De Första Åren cd boxset from about 20 years ago. Which was sold off really cheaply at the time but now goes for £100+ on discogs.

1000000257.jpg

No - but there's a new version of Tio År Med? I didn't see that on the lists.

The new vinyl release is what was the bonus disc in the De Första Åren cd boxset from about 20 years ago. Which was sold off really cheaply at the time but now goes for £100+ on discogs.

View attachment 25705

Oh!

Yes there is a new release of Tio Ar Med.

I flogged that cd boxset on Discogs only last week!

Hold on, it might be a previous year. I think I’m getting very confused. :D

They're the same mixes as the recent CD boxset aren't they? The absolute rinsing of those albums by Cherry Pop.

I want the Garbage EP. Last year's was easily available after the event so hopefully will be the same for this one. I'd quite like Lola Kirke and the Sophie remixes too, but I really should spend less on music I do not have space for.

That Kim seems genuinely limited. Loads of people moaning they couldn’t get hold of it.

I was working so had to give it a miss this year. Normally a friend in Barcelona sends me his shopping list.

I believe so. I didn’t get the cd boxset though so it makes sense for me.

Oh I didn't buy it again either, I wasn't paying for those albums again. Looking at it even some of the modern remixes were on the last batch of reissues.

Hope you manage to get your hands on the LP. Rough Trade says it is limited to 1500 - with that number you would think there will be copies floating round next week.

Oh I didn't buy it again either, I wasn't paying for those albums again. Looking at it even some of the modern remixes were on the last batch of reissues.

Hope you manage to get your hands on the LP. Rough Trade says it is limited to 1500 - with that number you would think there will be copies floating round next week.

I’m not sure if that is worldwide though. I checked the German RSD list as I’m here and it was listed there. And given her popularity here, I can’t imagine it would be long on the shelves.

Oh well, guess we’ll see!

I got Steps and Emma Bunton. I had no problems even though I was 50th in the queue. None of the stores in Glasgow seemed to have Kim Wilde though.

There's one thing I would like and I'll live without it so I'll see if I can get it online tomorrow night. That will still be the first time I've bothered trying to get any RSD release in a decade!

The Kim Wilde just went for £185 on eBay!

There were two other copies on BuyItNow for around £70 + £30 or so postage to the UK (they were in the US and somewhere else) and although they’ve been there for 24 hours, they’ve gone now thanks to that other auction.

People are ridiculous!

I noticed on the RSD page that it was listed as RSD first not exclusive so would not be surprised if Cherry Red are holding copies back.

There is apparently some stock here for tomorrow night.

Was the Kim one even available in the UK? I know it’s on a lot of the record shop sites, but I wonder if they just put all of the catalogue up there and then just list the ones they have. The shop I got my vinyl didn’t get any at all which is quite unusual because they had everything from Steps to Jessie Ware to random indie stuff. I think it quite strange that it’s not available on eBay from any UK buyer when everything else pretty much is.

People are ridiculous!

I noticed on the RSD page that it was listed as RSD first not exclusive so would not be surprised if Cherry Red are holding copies back.

There is apparently some stock here for tomorrow night.

Thanks!

And I didn’t notice it was RSD first but yes, I’ve always managed to find what I need later on somehow and often from the record companies holding them back. Fingers crossed that’s the case here.

Was the Kim one even available in the UK? I know it’s on a lot of the record shop sites, but I wonder if they just put all of the catalogue up there and then just list the ones they have. The shop I got my vinyl didn’t get any at all which is quite unusual because they had everything from Steps to Jessie Ware to random indie stuff. I think it quite strange that it’s not available on eBay from any UK buyer when everything else pretty much is.

Yeah it was. The £185 sale was UK based and I’ve seen a few people pick it up on instagram etc and a friend got a copy (annoyingly from someone who put it by for him from a record shop) so it’s out there, I just think it’s genuinely limited. For now at least.

You’re not supposed to be able to stuff back for RSD. It’s only supposed to be available for in person sales. I wouldn’t worry about it though. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a copy of it. I’ll let you know if I come across it.

You’re not supposed to be able to stuff back for RSD. It’s only supposed to be available for in person sales. I wouldn’t worry about it though. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a copy of it. I’ll let you know if I come across it.

Well yes, we know, dear. But you can do online sales from tomorrow night.

Yeah I’ve seen loads of stuff go for huge amounts on eBay etc.

I got:

Blur - Parlike
Lily Allen - It’s Not Me It’s You
La Roux - Trouble in Paradise
Jessie Ware - Tough Love
Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love Remixes
De La Soul - Live album

What a fucking BINFIRE. Most websites crashing, no sign of Kim on any of the ones that do, I've got Steps and Dead or Alive in a basket on Rough Trade which won't let me login as that page just never loads.

UGH!

Finally got through on Rough Trade and it crashed on the payment page and put me back in a queue I'm still in, managed to get the same two on Resident only to get through PayPal and be told "Sorry, no longer available".

I'm giving up. Fuck this.

I got Garbage on Banquet. They wanted £54 for the Lola Kirke, so I bought the Bloc Party EP.

The difference in pricing for RSD has always been FUCKING WILD (pun INTENDED)- I've seen Kim in places from £40 to £65.

I really can't believe those Kim Wilde remixes were that much of a hot buy to be out of stock everywhere, they are definitely holding copies back.

Just Kim left now. (I've given up on Nancy Sinatra at £35+ for a single album re-release!)

I just went back on the Rough Trade website... 'your estimated waiting time is 17 minutes' :D

I really can't believe those Kim Wilde remixes were that much of a hot buy to be out of stock everywhere, they are definitely holding copies back.

Thing is, if it's really 1500 worldwide, she's popular enough for that to be easily swept up- there's a few copies on Discogs from the US (annoyingly I missed one listed at 30USD earlier...).

And I think with all these RSD releases, this is actually exclusive- most of those mixes aren't available anywhere on vinyl, are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom