RPDR S5 E9

What a pleasing episode all round. Great challenge, the right winner, roght bottom two, and the right Queen leaving.

It feels like a two horse race now (haven't all of the UK ones been, other than perhaps S3?), and both are more than worthy winners.

Dede's performance was definitely shaky, but "Guess who's back in the house, walking stick click-clacking about" was HANDS DOWN the best joke in the episode :D

And Michael's "Kate is so UGLY, her vibrator went LIMP" 😵

I just realized that I HAVE that pastel green hoodie Tomara is wearing in this episode. I think I even posted a pic of me wearing it in the selfie thread.

The throwing of the cards was the best moment of the episode. THAT is how you do it and actually made me realise Michael is actually my favourite now. He’d lacked that kind of iconic moment for me but that was it, right there. Absolute clever shade, throwing the rest under the bus without the need to be mean or foul. Perfection.

The state of Vicki! Did she not see herself in the mirror? And that’s even before the Untucked drama.

Dede really grew on me and I’m glad she went out on a high, I’d even say she won the lip sync.

Vicki really was busted. I think that might have been the idea but Jesus wept, it didn’t work. Hideous.

I think Vicki would have been better off not returning for that episode at all. The look and the drama really wasn't how she'd want to be remembered.

I was just shocked she didn't managed to shoe-horn in a reference to Cornish Pasties. Perhaps she wasn't feeling well

Aside from her, what a great ep! The right queen went, and it's genuinely exciting having three queens in the final who'd all be worthy of the crown, IMO. Ginger Johnson is absolutely my winner though. Funny, charismatic and good-natured, and her looks are fab. But I'd not begrudge Tomara, nor (after a strong two weeks) Michael

Reactions: dUb
It feels like a two horse race now (haven't all of the UK ones been, other than perhaps S3?)
S3 was a no-horse race. Or three horses on a truck to the glue factory

Ru was so irritating laughing hysterically during Tomara’s set when it was just BAD. All Tomara does during comedy challenges is scream. I’m glad the judges recognised there was no actual material during that set.

Ginger made me laugh the most. Every single joke landed. Michael had the throwing card moment and some good jokes but it was no where as solid as Ginger’s set. But I reckon they had to make Ginger’s lead over the others less obvious.

Oh and I love how Vicky decided that if they’re not getting a proper reunion episode, she’s going to make this episode’s untucked segment count as one. Such iconic messy behaviour. All while looking like HOT ROADKILL :D

Someone told Vicki there was a Night of a Thousand Kelly Wildes runway theme and she missed it :(

I don't think there was much between Michael and Ginger in terms of laughs, and the card throwing would probably edge it for me.

It is quite telling that for all the momentum Michael has built coming in to the final (and both wins were deserved), Ginger has also performed very well in the last three (straight after three consecutive wins), and winning any of them wouldn't have been inconceivable.

So I think a Ginger win remains most likely, but I'm increasingly moving to a preference of Michael.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom