RPDR UKvTW - Episode 2

Jimbo is the only reason to watch this and Pangina to a lesser extent.

Everyone else is just varying degrees of shit or boring. This is definitely not one of my favorite seasons.

I'm actually not sure what to think about this episode. Cheryl going was surely based just on that final dress, perhaps justly (it was appalling) but Baga's overall three looks were worse for me. Cheryl beat her on the first arguably and the second BY A MILE. Baga was just in fancy dress! Having said that, that third dress on Cheryl may just have been unforgivable. Jujubee absolutely should have been in the bottom- the Kitty Girl misread the assignment and even if you did stretch to believe it was on theme, then it was basically an H&M dress. I don't understand why she isn't bringing it AT ALL. She's been around enough and surely has the cash to compete? Monique as well feels a bit like that- her first and last look were both pretty rubbish. The second saved her and, yes, was iconic.

Pangina is still my overall favourite and it was arguable between Janey, Jimbo and her for the top three- I think probably Jimbo and Pangina were the overall top two, but Janey had the WOW moment with that final outfit. I thought that really was superb and I actually really like her (I did in the Holland series too) and hope she stays in.

So far based on my own opinion (report card in brackets)

1. (2) Pangina
2. (1) Jimbo
3. (3) Janey
4. (5) Blu
5. (4) Monique
6. (7) Jujubee
7. (6) Baga

So far based on my own opinion (report card in brackets)

1. (2) Pangina
2. (1) Jimbo
3. (3) Janey
4. (5) Blu
5. (4) Monique
6. (7) Jujubee
7. (6) Baga
I think I'd swap Janey and Blu, but agree otherwise.

I found that episode immensely frustrating and really quite hard work.

I’m going to have to watch a second time because I really didn’t pay any attention

I think Jimbo is going to fall short at some point. And I don't think he'll be thrown a lifeline when he does.

I'm calling Baga (just can't see it not happening), Pangina and Jujubee.

What was Jujubee thinking with those looks? :confused: Kitty look had nothing kitty and the executive look wasn’t butch. It’s like she had nothing prepared for this runway and just went with whatever she had in her suitecase.

I'm calling Baga (just can't see it not happening), Pangina and Jujubee.

Since it’s called UK vs the world they will most probably have one UK queen in the final, and it will most probably be Baga. :zombie: (not that I’d want Blu either…)

Yes, I think two of the final places will be US and UK queens. I'd say Pangina, Jimbo and Janey are realistically competing for one spot. And that's assuming the UK or US doesn't get the third as well.

I reckon it's Pangina and Blu + one more, hopefully Jimbo but more realistically JuJubee, if she pulls her socks up.

Seems we're all assuming it's a final 3 rather than 4 or 2. But there are only 6 episodes aren't there? So perhaps it's a final 4.

It'll be Baga I'm sure. This was her off-week. In the forthcoming acting/snatch game/comedy challenges she'll do "well" and become a frontrunner again.

Baga Pangina and Jujubee I think for final three. Jimbo will stumble just before the final I reckon and/or be a shock elimination as she's considered too tough a competition.

I just don't think they'd edit Baga so harshly if they were gunning for her to be a finalist.

I mean they all but said out loud that she manipulated Pangina into making her dress this week. That is not a winner edit.

For me, Jujubee is getting a harsh edit that they can (and probably will) turn around, whereas Baga is getting a pure villain narrative.

In not so concerned with Baga's edit as the fact that I think Ru chose not to put her bottom two when he easily could and didn't, so he probably never will when she was SO bad and at least in theory has strong weeks to come.

I think the least Baga will get will be through to the final show and then eliminated half way through ahead of a final two or three ( depending on how they play it) lip sync - which is what happened in season one, isn't it? And I suspect she'll be fine with it.

I thought Blu came off a lot stronger this week and felt like someone who could be around for a while, even though technically she didn't perform as well in the challenge. The mirror moment was lovely.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumours that Juju was a last minute replacement for Manila and that's why she seems so unprepared and rushed.

Yeah but Blu was THIRSTY AF for the camera this week. Watching her trying to start trouble is 'cute' but mostly lame cuz she's totally not that girl.

I don’t want to be mean coz she seems like a nice person, but Blu is just meh over all.

Monique Vs the World for me. Jimbo is having a strong run, but I sense a wobble and frankly can hardly wait for the mess :disco: Pangina is quite clinical - perhaps I just don't buy that she actually is a drag queen, but her pussy was on fire (although Mo' was top dog on that front). Cheryl is such a tryer that it was hard to see her go, especially as Juju isn't even swinging. I'm guessing it's a mixture of the sheer cost and effort and perhaps even time available, but I'm still surprised she couldn't pull more favours or even appear to sell it more and give iconic reflections to the criticisms.

I have no idea who that guest judge was, but I loved her. I was hoping to god she wasn't a singer as the lip sync approached, but when that ghastly remix started soon wished she was. If they are struggling for songs, they should let the queens deliberate on better material.

Surely the Juju being a last minute replacement rumour is true, she brought it so hard for all stars and none of her looks fit the theme, I struggle to believe she would show up so knowingly unprepared.

Jimbo is a complete problematic STAR. She’s totally that Grindr date who chokes you for just a bit too long.

Juju strikes me as 4th place.

I can't see them doing a series called UK vs The World and eliminating all the UK before the final so either Baga or Blu will be there - and even though Blu is bringing it more, Baga is the one they will have pre-decided for the final.

Surely the Juju being a last minute replacement rumour is true, she brought it so hard for all stars and none of her looks fit the theme, I struggle to believe she would show up so knowingly unprepared.
It feels that way but however late you’re roped in, surely you can find a pair of cat ears to throw on top of that shit dress and be done with it? To not have even that level of engagement is just strange.

And yes, what the fuck was that lip sync song about? My heart runs cold when you hear “a lip sync to my song” anyway, but why on Earth it just wasn’t the original is beyond me. Utterly appalling, not suited to a lip sync at all and left us with a complete “meh” result.

I feel like Monique might get chucked before the end for being a bitch. SURELY Baga gets chucked if she ends up bottom two just out of sheer resentment from the other queens? They seem to like her but I'm not sure they'll really enjoy someone coasting. If she doesn't smash Snatch Game then it really will warrant the question of what exactly she is THERE FOR!

I'm sad to see Cheryl go. I love her. Although she's crap at Drag Race. But that didn't stop Trixie (and I oop).

Jimbo and Pangina are the only two I'm really enjoying. But I suppose I love the Dutch one's cunty energy as well.

Juju and Monique feel out of place here. For me, the US queens don't fit well into the more shambolic international drag scene.

If Baga and Blu are the best the UK have to show, I think it's time for the rest of the world to pull up the drawbridge.

This is such a weird series - pitched at times as "the best of the best" but feeling like an oddly joyless All Stars and fan favourites. The editing is weird too, did they forget to put some of the sounds in? There feel like there are a lot of repurposed reaction shots shown silently to punctuate the 'drama'

What's going on with the judging too, do the producers really hate Baga? I can't remember the last time a queen got such a hatchet job, it was Magnolia Crawford levels of contempt. And weird things like sleeping during the werkroom runthroughs not being mentioned at all? Well, I guess that answers the question of how to spice up a cast of likeable queens (plus Jimbo and Janey).

Cheryl just made me sad - she was lovely and funny on her season, even if she was a bit crap. This time she's decided her whole brand was "not being good at Drag Race" and lived up to it.
Juju too, what the fuck - I mean the signs were there in AS5. I HAVE to think the last-minute replacement story was true. But the Kitty Girl look did have the cat-head-shaped bust, so I guess it WAS made for it? It just wasn't very good

Anyway yeah this was more watchable than last week, their interactions are fun. But this is absolutely NOT the All Stars International I thought it was going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom