S14 E08: 60s Girl Groups

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
This was an episode that I half watched and that was all it deserved. It was just ok.

Glad Jasmine stayed, she makes a lot more entertaining tv and while Keri is a sweetheart it was her time to go (well it was supposed to be Deja but she apparently can sing).

They say it everytime but I think this is the best Ru has ever looked! :disco:

I liked the episode, but I thought the judging was questionable again. I was almost sure that Angeria was going to be in the bottom with Kerry. I thought her runway look was very basic too.

Sad to see Kerry go, especially when Deja is still around, but there’s not much she seems to be good at. She did gave a good lip sync though.

Speaking of lip sync, Jasmine looked stunning, I just wish she didn’t lose her shoe and that her outfit stayed in place.

Diana Ross used to stand up straight in the 60s? I think not, her posture was terrible most of the time. And the stomping I think was quite alright in the context of what the show was meant to be (multiple bands on the bill with a laid back vibe). Anyway, still watching pre lip sync announcement.

Poor (second edit) KERI. Obviously a fan of Britney's instagram videos, I do think she could be a much better dancer than that. Her presence will truly be missed - she's just so grounded. I really thought we would finally be flushing Deja.

Another good episode, this cast is just so very very good. I really do enjoy them all. Previous deadweights Deja and Daya managed a semi redemption, the challenge was decent, the runway (and commentary!) amused and the result was fair, as much as Kerry is a doll.

No idea where it’s going to go next but I can’t imagine Jorgeous being much good at what looked like some kind of improv skit. He is insanely charming though, either dragged up or in his awful shellsuit in the confessionals, I hope she clings on a little while longer.

I still think Daya's villain edit is kinda forced because she doesn't seem like a bitch to me, but I do LOVE what she did this episode. The runway was A+++

Kerri really gave us basically nothing all season. It was time for her to leave, but I can't bring myself to dislike her. She's just too likeable.

Bosco and Willow KILLING IT as usual.

Bosco, Willow, Angeria and Jasmine for Top 4? Although I'd prefer Lady Camden instead over Jasmine or Angeria. But regardless, ANY combination is galaxies better than the garbage Top 4 of Season 13.

Also, I wonder why Snatch Game is so late this season. We gotta wait till Episode 10, when there are barely any queens left.

Camden is such a sweetheart. I loved when she said the other group were having so much fun that she wanted to join in with them.

I also wish we could see the full reading challenge on youtube.

Glad Kerri went- she's dead wood at this stage. Liked her a lot but she hasn't brought anything really, so definitely a deserved go home. However, though Jasmine rightly won the lip sync, it was fucking unforgivable that she did the "Say that you love me" bits rather than the WIG OUT bit. And, let's face it, TONI BRAXTON HERSELF had a wig reveal, why wasn't there one here? FUMING.

I also thought the judging was fairly spot on this week, for once. Deja and Daya were a clear top two for me, arguable who the winner was. Thought Angie was great in the challenge but the runway was pretty basic, so definitely a spot further down. I would have probably had Jorgeous bottom three for that rubbish outfit AND ropey performance, but as Camden wasn't going anywhere, I was happy with that.

However, though Jasmine rightly won the lip sync, it was fucking unforgivable that she did the "Say that you love me" bits rather than the WIG OUT bit.

I know Bob (I think?) has said before that those who don’t lip sync to the adlibs win the lip sync, but in this particular song the ”say that you love me” bits the best part of the song (and the ones we’ve all lipsynced to in our bedrooms back in the 90’s while pretending to study).

I know Bob (I think?) has said before that those who don’t lip sync to the adlibs win the lip sync, but in this particular song the ”say that you love me” bits the best part of the song (and the ones we’ve all lipsynced to in our bedrooms back in the 90’s while pretending to study).

Oh PLEASE, surely it's EXACTLY the opposite. "WITHOUT YOU I JUST CAN'T GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNN-OOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN ONNNNNNNNNN ONNNNNNNNNN, can't go OOOOOOOOON" and crumpling in the shower is LITERALLY the moment of the ENTIRE SONG

Well I won’t do my usual long read tonight, it’s too soon to kill this thread.

But I think that’s the best reading challenge for a long while! (Also Jorgeous looked so hot for it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom