Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso / Album TBA

She’s only 80k behind Hozier on UK Spotify today. Assuming Taylor continues to fall, which could go either way, she may even have an outside chance at #1 next week.

This song sounds more like Levitating than Say So, ou can even sing the "yeah yeah yeah yea yeaaaah" bits in some choruses.

This doesn't half get STUCK IN YOUR BRAIN

It's just a JOY, isn't it? It's a perfect spring song in that it feels like it's capable of ushering in summer singlehandedly. I can imagine it being big right through to the summer months.

It is allowing one of my pet hates though - people pronouncing it 'eXpresso' - including Marvin Humes on the radio yesterday :evil:

Booms past Noah on Spotify, now #2 with 800k - only 64k behind Taylor :o

Up one to #5 this week. But 58k is pretty huge for a #5.

Will be interesting this week, she is still a bit behind on the other platforms but I imagine it is a Hoozier vs Taylor vs Sabrina tussle for the top spot. If she keeps this up she may nab it which would be fabulous given she was Taylor’s support act on the tour (down under anyway) :D

I’m already bored of this song which is unfortunate as I know it’s going to be in the chart and on the radio until OCTOBER

#1 in the first midweek flashes. Only 1k ahead of Taylor but given how big streaming was today I’d say she will pull away with the first full updates tomorrow.

So she’s #1 in the midweeks but now Taylor has gone and release some physical singles of her track…wee bitch :D

I assume Sabrina will grab the #1 next week, but bit of a shame if it is blocked this week due to it.

#1 in the UK with 955k, which is pretty huge for a Monday particularly, isn't it?

#1 in the UK with 955k, which is pretty huge for a Monday particularly, isn't it?
Just checking back, it's the highest figure for a Monday since Last Christmas got nearly 3m on Christmas Day. The previous highest Monday of the year was Fortnight last week with 858k. The average for a #1 on Monday would seem to be around 650k - 700k.

I was only looking at Mondays as I thought it was typically a low streaming day.

If there’s one thing you can rely it’s the world going a bit crazy for a mild disco bop. Which begs the question, why don’t you see more of them? I would say generic EDM or pop-house / pop- trance by the pop artists outnumbers midtempo grooves by about 20 to 1 if not more.

If there’s one thing you can rely it’s the world going a bit crazy for a mild disco bop. Which begs the question, why don’t you see more of them? I would say generic EDM or pop-house / pop- trance by the pop artists outnumbers midtempo grooves by about 20 to 1 if not more.
I mean we did go through a roughly 3-4 year period in pop beginning with Don't Start Now in 2019, continuing with Say So right through to Kiss Me More, where breezy disco-pop bops were absolutely everywhere and every female pop artist had at least one or went completely disco for an album. it's just... been and gone. that's why Espresso stands out now.

also which popstars are doing EDM in 2024?

I mean we did go through a roughly 3-4 year period in pop beginning with Don't Start Now in 2019, continuing with Say So right through to Kiss Me More, where breezy disco-pop bops were absolutely everywhere and every female pop artist had at least one or went completely disco for an album. it's just... been and gone. that's why Espresso stands out now.

also which popstars are doing EDM in 2024?

David Guetta? was he ever a popstar? My spoti continues to churn out random EDM-ish songs by him with One Republic and Bebe Rexha :disco:

Different genre styles are obviously more in trend at one time or another, but often a genuinely great pop song simply will cross over, irrelevant of what is the current theme. Like a Sweet but Psycho, Call Me Maybe etc.

Irrespective or whether someone likes it or not, I’d say Espresso just fits that bill in that it is a catchy, very well realised pop track hitting at the right time and naturally blowing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom