Sham Rock - Tell Me Ma

She is handsome, she is pretty…

• Total voters
Thankfully I don't think I've heard it since going Ten Pin Bowling in about 1998.

There’s something so nostalgic to me about music videos that are just the same 3-5 shots repeated over and over again to pad out the song length. :D

Screenshot_20230317_091130_YouTube.jpg

The singer is giving me 55 years old, but is actually 25. When was make up and hair styling first introduced to the Emerald Isles?

The singer is giving me 55 years old, but is actually 25. When was make up and hair styling first introduced to the Emerald Isles?

Genuinely wondered if it was Hazell Dean when this video popped up on the big screen at Bar Pop last week.

Gosh that video looks a bit CRAMPED

I’m surprised the lost Brennan sister wasn’t kicked in the head while singing

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
A Celtic Cotton Eye Joe of sorts as fronted by a rough Julie Walters. It's not the earworm it thinks it is.

It seemed a BAFFLING chart hit at the time, but in hindsight, a Corrs-meets-Steps mess seemingly fronted by Denise Welch?

It's probably the song that best explains 1998.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Sorry not to be rude but she was TWENTY FIVE????

Anyway - scream - an Irish folk/pub band played this TWICE during the very merry Saint Patricks Day celebrations earlier and it made me pose the question, were they covering SHAM ROCK or was the SHAM ROCK original just a donked up Irish folk song? I honestly don't know the answer.

Always puts me in mind of LESBIAN PUB BRAWLS due to some PRESUMABLY AND THANKFULLY SUPPRESSED MEMORY so I can't even listen to it I'm afraid

She can't have been 25 if our eyes Discogs is correct, this is her in 1984:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom