Smiley (Netflix)

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
Has anyone else watched this? Based on the first two episodes, I'd say this is pulling off LGBTQ romcom quite well. Seems like they also dubbed it in English.

Waiting for @Alla to come in here and say "I HATE IT".

Oddly, the weakest storyline was the
will-they-won't-they of the leads
but on the whole this was very enjoyable.

I really loved it. I thought it did so much well - racial diversity, an equally compelling storyline for the lesbians, a story for the older lot. The characters felt really lived in and I thought it was quite heartwarming.

Also, I’ve loved the actor who plays Ramon for a while.

I really liked it, very charming all round. It didn't outstay its welcome either, I've found some Spanish series I've seen have been a bit meandering in terms of run time and episode count.

I agree that most characters were well written and fleshed out, even smaller parts like Ramon, though Ibra didn't get past being a rather inconsistent plot device.

if you liked this I can recommend Merli Sapere Aude, same lead actor and similar themes. it's a teen show for sure but enjoyable enough for an old ghey with a past that never was :(

Loved this too, and it was the total opposite of that other horrible netflix show about that insufferable estate agent. It was really sweet without being cloying, funny and charming. and the spanish language is always a huge plus for me anyway.. I don’t speak it but love listening to people speak , everything sounds so much more emotional and exciting

Finished this. The DRAMATICS of running to the airport to stop him when he was only going away for a week. :disco: But yeah this was really lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom