Snooker

Alla

Sábado noche 19 80
Am I the only casual fan here? :unsure: Well, we do need a thread to talk about Mark Selby's ass all the main events and more.

Enjoying the Scottish Open now.

The Scottish Open is an odd time to be bring snooker up as a subject.

I tend to only follow the major championships, but i do enjoy watching it.

Just catching up with the English Open, how old is that kid that played against Ronnie!? He looked around 15 :vomit:

Oh he's just 18. Well I don't have time for all those barbarian foreigners, first Chineses and now Europeans :zombie:

I've been to a few Masters events at Alexandra Palace, but not for a few years now. Snooker was actually the only "sport" we would watch as a whole family growing up and we used to really get into it in the old days.

My mum still religiously watches the World Championships, but I could barely tell you much about who's on top now.

I recently found out my mother watches snooker regularly, a total shock given how little known is here, and specially the type of tv stuff my mother watches :eyes: I'll ask her about it next week. I watch every event shown on Eurosport (luckily a lot) and know most of the main players, but I don't really know the world ranking or so, I just enjoy the matches but hardly an expert.

Btw I don't have time for all those Chinese players, sorry.
The amount of the Chinese players being investigated for match fixing is shocking. I’m sure there are others but they’re going to really harm the sport.

The amount of the Chinese players being investigated for match fixing is shocking. I’m sure there are others but they’re going to really harm the sport.
What the hell! Well, not actually that surprised :eyes: Can you link me anywhere about that? China is going to destroy the whole world :argh:

How do you fix a snooker match,.losing on purpose? And why? :shock:
Yes, you can fix it by losing by a certain score, in a certain amount of time etc there are so many betting options. Snooker pays well so I’m surprised the better players would do this. In other sports it’s more prevalent with lower ranked players who don’t make a profit so betting on their own matches is more profitable for them whether they do it themselves or by arranging with another player. For example in tennis you can even bet on losing certain games and points in the match so isn’t hard to do, especially for non recorded events.

I remember now a scandal in some recent Olympics (London?) with some couple losing on purpose in badminton and being disqualified. I wouldn't be shocked if they were Chinese :eyes:

I remember now a scandal in some recent Olympics (London?) with some couple losing on purpose in badminton and being disqualified. I wouldn't be shocked if they were Chinese :eyes:
They were 8 Chinese, Korean and Indonesian players who were trying to lose deliberately to get a particular position in their groups.

Allen's comeback is (so far) amazing too, as much as I love Selby I'll be happy with any of them winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom